email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No password provided for Lineone…. can’t get emails

JHL100
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Since Wednesday I cannot get my emails on either iPad or iPhone, just keep getting the message:

No password provided for Lineone. Please go to Account settings and enter a password.

The password is there, I’ve tried everything including deleting the account and setting it up again, to no avail. I can get to them via the website on the safari browser but it will not set up via the mail app. 
Any suggestions as I’m tearing my hair out 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

Hi JHL100 

To see Personal Messages select your avatar top right of this page when signed in to this Community and then select the envelope icon.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Andy, 

I cannot see where your message is? Just to reiterate, since last Wednesday my emails stopped. I cannot access them on my iPad or iPhone unless I log in via webmail. I am a Lineone.net email address. Since last year they have charged me £50 (last paid in Jan 2021) per year to be able to use it, and for this I am supposed to be able to access my email via any of my devices.

I have carried out all the suggested fixes such as deleting and redoing my email account on my devices, changing the password etc etc to absolutely no avail. Every time I just get 808483BD-52DA-43D2-90F8-5FFB198D375D.jpeg

I have tried everything to no avail. Help!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi JHL100, as you've not updated your community profile I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 8

Hi JHL100 

Could you update your Community profile as previously indicated just so you're ready for TalkTalk Mail Support next week. As a Mail Plus customer there should not be any restriction to your email client access unless there's been a problem with your subscription and the billing system has triggered a restriction.

Having worked through some scenarios today with other customers I'm convinced that TalkTalk have restricted some legacy mail accounts and I've alerted TalkTalk Support because I now believe this requires a TalkTalk fault ticket. You should get a response here next week.

Message 5 of 8

Sorry forgot to answer your question! Yes it shows in ‘My Account’ and no Talktalk have not sent me any emails regarding this. (If they have ‘restricted’ my email address to webmail then I will be extremely angry as they are charging me a lot of money to be able to keep it

0 Likes

JHL100
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi, I am an original Lineone email customer, obviously Lineone has been taken over several times including by tiscali, and now talktalk. Talktalk now charge me @ £50 per year to enable me to continue using it, I have no other service from Talktalk, email has worked up until 2 days ago. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @JHL100 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your problem email address, notes and order reference etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Just confirm that you are a current TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer and that the email address is added to your customer MyAccount. Looks like there's been a batch of email accounts restricted to webmail only access. Have you received a mail message from TalkTalk about this?

0 Likes