email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No password provided?

ssleighton
Participant
Message 17 of 17

Hi. I am also now getting this no password provided error using iPhone mail app. However this has been working fine for years on my iPhone by just stopped a day ago with this error. Can someone help please?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi ssleighton, as Gondola says it's normal. It seems that some of the mail in the queue is bouncing. It might be worth checking with any sender of mail that you're expecting, but don't receive. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 17

Hi ssleighton 

Excellent that you're back in action. What will normally happen is that those mail messages that were accepted for delivery over the weekend will slowly trickle in. May take some time.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

ssleighton
Participant
Message 3 of 17

Thank you for all your help. This now seems to be resolved and emails now sending & received with this account.

0 Likes

ssleighton
Participant
Message 4 of 17

Ok thanks. Still seem to be getting the same error this morning. Will there be an update when the issue is resolved so you know? Many thanks for all your help. Steve

Message 5 of 17

I've raised this issue with the incidents team to be investigated. Hopefully, it'll be fixed very soon. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ssleighton
Participant
Message 6 of 17

Ok thanks. I have now added this email to my notes on personal profile. Let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks.

Message 7 of 17

Hi ssleighton 

OK, that's a current fault being experienced by some mail users due to a server fail at the TalkTalk Mail platform operator.

So that TalkTalk Support can co-ordinate the issue of those mailboxes that are on the Mail platform server that is not currently accessible: Would you kindly add, and note the email address that's not accessible, in your Community profile, Private notes - in the My Settings   Personal Information page - at the bottom of the page immediately above the Save Changes button that you'll then need to update the page.

ssleighton
Participant
Message 8 of 17

The mail settings are identical to my other account and I have reset the password to be a strong one. But cannot login. Also let’s me login to the TalkTalk browser email but doesn’t seem to show any emails saying cannot connect to email server.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi ssleighton 

On the password issue. The correct password with 8 multicase characters and numbers does just comply with requirements. I would personally upgrade that password to one of at least 12 multicase characters, numbers and a symbol.

For the other email account what happens when you sign in at TalkTalk Mail webmail?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

ssleighton
Participant
Message 10 of 17

Hi again! So now I am getting an error with another of my accounts. SM-leighton@talktalk.net seems to now say the mail server null is not responding. Verify you have entered the correct settings in mail settings. Any idea on this one? Although strangely seems to work on my iPad but not my iPhone.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

And. I think it is now resolved! Seems I was not typing in a capital letter in password. All good now but thanks very much for helping.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Actually it is 1 uppercase and 7 lowercase plus 2 digits.

0 Likes

ssleighton
Participant
Message 13 of 17

It is 8 letters all lower case plus 2 digits so probably not the strongest. Bit nervous about resetting as currently the email account is working on my iPad, my iMac and my wife’s iPhone 12. Just doesn’t work on my iPhone SE (2nd gen). If I reset will it then potentially create a problem on all my devices and none of us will access?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi ssleighton 

The mail server may have detected a weak password so could be denying access for that reason even though allowing webmail access. What's your take on the password strength? 

If needed, the Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to a password reset. 

If you have set up password recovery options, that you recognise from the hints as your current recovery methods, you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Which model iPhone are you using? I'll try and give you the appropriate server settings so you can check those.

ssleighton
Participant
Message 15 of 17

Hi there and thanks for the reply. Yes I am a TalkTalk broadband customer and yes I can access this email account through the TalkTalk email browser version. And all is fine with no errors using the browser login. I just get the error when trying to use iPhone mail. Also tried setting up in outlook or gmail and still get error accessing. I have tried to reinstall iPhone completely and still same error.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi ssleighton 

There is a current issue with some mailboxes so to determine what the problem is I'll ask a few questions.

Are you a TalkTalk home broadband customer or a MailPlus subscription customer and is the email address in question showing in your customer MyAccount, Manage TalkTalk Mail, My Mailboxes list?

Can you access the email via an Internet browser sign in?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Do you get an error message at any point or do you see your mail folders and mail messages in the Inbox?