email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send - too many recipients

bighammo69
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 2

I keep getting the "url@addy' on 09/04/2020 13:26

Server error: '453 4.1.1 MVjVjTXAD574l Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

I am using outlook and I have had this problem for about 2 weeks.

I have waiting 24 hours but still no joy. I am hardley sending 50 or so emails, so i dot know why it is happening a si havent changed a thing.it works with webmail.

can you help me please

Retired golfer.
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi @bighammo69 

The advisory message is issued when the sender has exceeded the daily recipient limit applied to sending on the account.  You've waited for 24 hours so if during that time there were no messages sent from the mailbox the limit counter should have been completely reset.

From what you say you shouldn't have been rate limited. However, there are two circumstances when the typical daily limit of 500 recipients is not exceeded by the registered user.

1. When the email account has been compromised and is used to send emails
  2. When the sending location is not from the TalkTalk network and a lower limit has been applied as a spam protection measure.

In relation to a lower limit being applied this is usually when the sending network is outside the UK and in a declared spam high-risk country.  But I have recently seen a full-fibre UK network provider in the UK inadvertently fall into this category.

Which network / service provider are you connected to and if using TalkTalk Mail have you signed in to TalkTalk Mail to check the Sent objects folder / Trash / Spam folder for any suspicious activity?

If in doubt, change the mailbox password to positively secure the mailbox or let me know if you're using a legacy email account and I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you for a follow up.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and then Save changes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes