Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not able to sign up to mail plus

6 REPLIES 6
Largslargs
First Timer

Hi . I have 2 old talktalk.net mail accounts that I want to check as I am now with another supplier. Not able to complete the forgot password as the only option is to send recovery to the forgotten password mail account. I can log into my TT my account and see the old mail accounts , but not able to reset password as don’t have valid contract. Spoke to support and they said I needed a mail plus account, selected the £5 option , but insert one of the old talktalk.net accounts , click forgot password as that is my original issue, but hay it then sends me to the same forgot password  screen and only gives me the option for the locked account . Can I added another email or mobile number to the recovery process. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Largslargs 

You're right that you'll not be able to sign up to MailPlus unless you know the mailbox password and then the mailbox is verified as active and eligible for a MailPlus subscription. 

• Two ways to check a mailbox is active
    1. Check for deliverability with the verifalia website
    2. Send your email address a message to see if you get an Undeliverable bounceback error

Let us know the outcome and we can guide from there.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi LargsLargs, if your mailboxes are still live then I can confirm some security information with you and then add additional information to the reset tool for you. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Largslargs
First Timer

Hi Ady

thanks for the reply. I have tested the mail accounts and they are still live . Just can’t complete the forgotten password section as the option is send recovery to the same email address . 

thanks 

Charlie 

OCE_Ady

Ok then I need to send you a PM with a secure verification link to get some more information.

Please answer all the questions in the link.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Largslargs
First Timer

Hi Ady

did you send the verification email link as not seen anything yet.

thanks

charlie

OCE_Ady

Hi Largslargs, I had to get your PMs enabled first and that hadn't completed before I went on leave. I've sent it now. 

Ady