Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving E-Mails on Pipex,com account

23 REPLIES 23
Melemm
First Timer

I have 5 family E-Mail addresses on my Pipex account I have not received any messages only test ones sent from a Pipex e mail since Friday morning. Only one of the e mail addresses direct me to the new Talk Talk mail site the other four just direct me to the Pipex mail site, I have use the primary email address to try and log in.

How long will I have to continue not receiving Emails? Would both systems not have worked along side each other so no one would be inconvenienced by not receiving important messages while the upgrade happened,

pbar100
Enlightened One

Same for me, and many others it would seem. I am receiving nothing on my Pipex email.

Melemm
First Timer
The important thing is has anyone got any idea when the service will be rectified? Some people will not be receiving important messages that may cost them in some form.
moggy321
Team Player
Same for me too, I can't send or receive emails from my dsl.pipex.com account and haven't been able to since Friday morning (25th Sept). If any tech support people are monitoring this thread could they let us know when this will be fixed?
gmlack
Whizz Kid

I have 3 Pipex accounts

2 have been recently been migrated to TalkTalk mail.  These two are receiving mail.

1 has not been migrated (and is my main personal account). It is not receiving any mail

gmlack
Whizz Kid

@gmlack wrote:

1 has not been migrated (and is my main personal account). It is not receiving any mail

It does receive mail sent internally.  Just incoming external mail is failing.

The last external mail that arrived for the account was at 07:38 on Friday morning (the fact that it was from "TalkTalk Help & Support Community" I'll take to be coincidence).

gmlack
Whizz Kid

@gmlack wrote:

I have 3 Pipex accounts

2 have been recently been migrated to TalkTalk mail.  These two are receiving mail.

This also applies to outgoing email.

Mail from a migrated account arrives (I'm using a gmail account to check) but mail from the non-migrated account (to the same gmail account) isn't arriving.

gmlack
Whizz Kid

@gmlack wrote:

This also applies to outgoing email.

Mail from a migrated account arrives (I'm using a gmail account to check) but mail from the non-migrated account (to the same gmail account) isn't arriving.

Sorry - a little premature there. The test email from my un-migrated account has now arrived. It just took noticeably longer to arrive (and was overtaken by the other one).

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi All

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

pbar100
Enlightened One

Debbie - You really need to take a look at all of the Pipex mail issues which have been detailed from various users on the forums, I don't think you are even aware of what has been happening.

OCE_Debbie

Hi @pbar100

We are looking into this. We need users to have their Community Profiles updated also.

Thanks

Debbie

pbar100
Enlightened One

Thanks, it is vital to know that you are aware when there is an issue and acknowledge it, which you have just done. Otherwise it is incredibly frustrating as we just don't know.

Might be worth detailing the process of updating the profiles, mine is already done but it is very confusing. I notice 'update your community profile' a lot, but seldom see you guys explaining how to do it.

OCE_Debbie

Hi pbar100 

I completely understand and apologies for this.

I will link on how to update the profile.

Thanks

Debbie

pbar100
Enlightened One

Magic, thanks for your understanding Debbie.

OCE_Debbie

Hi @pbar100 

This is now showing on our Service Status page and updates will be provided here under email.

Thanks

Debbie

pbar100
Enlightened One

Super, thank you Debbie. You are the best one on here, you do seem to get things done for sure.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Melemm 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

The mail messages from TalkTalk about the upgrade will usually have indicated which email address is a primary email address.

NB only email addresses that are primary addresses get a mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform. Mail for aliases is recognised and directed to the primary mailbox,

So, you'll only be able to sign in to a primary mailbox.

If the upgrade to the TalkTalk Mail platform has not yet taken place or you try to sign in with an alias you'll get redirected out to the homecall webmail login.

Let us know when you've updated your community profile and if you can sign in to the TalkTalk Mail platform to see your mail messages.  Remember, primary email address only for the TalkTalk Mail sign in.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

gmlack
Whizz Kid

@Gondola wrote:

Remember, primary email address only for the TalkTalk Mail sign in.

Which is at odds with the fact that I can login to my "main" (original) account on TalkTalk Mail using the alias I have for it (and I've just done it again now to confirm). So I'll take that as an unintended bonus.

However, logging in to TalkTalk Mail is irrelevant to this problem as:

o it relates to mail arriving at TalkTalk from outside TalkTalk - it isn't arriving into a place where it can be seen, and

o it only seems to be affecting non-migrated account (certainly the case for me), for which TalkTalk Mail does not work anyway.

Melemm
First Timer

Have now updated my community profile with list of primary email addresses and details of whether directed to Talk Talk or Pipex mail platform 

OCE_Ady

Hi all, this should all be working normally again. All mail will be delivered but the queues will take a while to clear. If you're still having any problems please let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.