email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any mail since august 25th-Now Urgent

surfer38skater
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

My main email address ( one of my 5) now receives no mail. It can send mail but not recieve replies, either automatic test ones or mail from any source enters the inbox. I have been through all the helpline checks now 4 times, it is not any of my settings or browser or anything at my end.
After each lengthy helpline call they tell me that it will be passed to someone to resolve and they will call me. They never do.

One adviser mentioned that my address had been migrated to a new server and I suspect the issue lies there but no one has a clue.
All my daughters personal assistants use this email to claim wages, all my banking, websites, warranties, purchasing, social and volunteer activities use this mail address. 

My life is at a standstill.

Can anybody help

all my other mailboxes work fine

there is no error message when people mail me

Bob

Bob Black
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Bob,

There are a number of ways that an email account can be hacked. If you've changed your password then the account shouldn't be able to accessed again by the hacker but please make sure that the password you use is strong and ideally unique (not used accross other websites)

I assume you've removed the forward?

Do you have anti-virus software on your PC, if you do then I would advise you to run a virus scan 

I'm sorry but I'm afraid the emails will be lost

If you use the old password (for the hacked account) on other sites then it's obviously a good idea to change them

Please also see Compromised or spoofed accounts

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I've updated my info and had a call from a manager. he has upgraded my complaint but also suggested i check mail forwarding in webmail.

I've been hacked, my mail has been redirected to my name @boximail , how can that be allowed to happen. no one has access to my webmail settings apart from me.

Is boximail a place that i can retrieve mail from or is it lost forever?

why was mail fowarding not suggested to be checked in all my helpline calls ?

will it be able to to access and hack me again, ive changed my password.

Bob

Bob Black
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks for the information 

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number
  • Please also enter affected email address in private notes section

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 8

nor on web mail on anther browser, ive used opera, chrome and windows browsers

Bob Black
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

no reply is recieved from test mails, not in outlook ( correctly configured) bluemai ( correctly configured or direct on webmail.

Bob Black
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Chris believe me, i have run diagnostics, I have done all your helpine checks ( 4 times) , used web mail direct 3 different browsers, mailed from 8 seperate friends mail accounts on different providers and waited for ypour your technical team to make the promised call backs within a day, within 72 hours and within a week, none have called . I am at my wits end with these silly releated questions.

Bob

Bob Black
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi surfer38skater,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your email service

Are you sending the emails through webmail or do you use a mail client or app?

Can you try sending a test email from and to the same account and let us know what happens 

Thanks
Chris