email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email, sending is ok....

JonUpchurch
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Simple as that really, using my work email address to validate.

Any help appreciated. 

Jon

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Jon, I've replied in the other thread. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Jon, have you tried sending a mail from your mailbox to your mailbox and see if you receive that? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 6

Hi JonUpchurch 

Have you followed the advice in post 2 and what were the outcome(s)?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

JonUpchurch
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 6

Its that simple.  I'm on the new version of Talk Talk Webmail and I have not changed anything in terms of settings, software or hardware.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Jon

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jon

Just go through the normal troubleshooting for us and let us know the result.

Check Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any sign in error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Check the Filter rules just in case the mailbox has been compromised and something unauthorised has been set up or modified.

Filter rules - Delete

Delete anything seen especially delete an Auto forward unless you specifically have set that up.

Let us know what you find. If you see the message "There are no rules defined" then that's ideal and means nothing should be stopping mail from arriving in your Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution