email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from Discord

Dharlone
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Hello,

I am not receiving any emails from Discord to help Verify Login from New Location. I previously recieved them, but for some reason that isn't happening.

I have even performed password recovery from Discord, still no email. I have checked spam box, and the mails are not there. I have also gone ahead to disable the Blocked sender filter in the email settings, same result with no received email. Then later tried adding the discord domain as a rule to allow, same result, to which I then disabled it.

Any assitance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Dharlone,

How are you getting on, did you try Gondola's advice?

Chris

Message 2 of 11

Hi Dharlone 

You're asserting that you are a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer.  So, please go back to post 2 in this thread, complete your Community profile that's visible only to you and authorised TalkTalk Staff and then follow my advice in post 2 and let us know the outcome.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 11

Hi Dharlone, if you want to keep your mail boxes then you do need either an active Broadband account or TalkTalk Mail Plus. 

Gondola is fantastic at helping other members fix their email problems you'd do worse than to accept the help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 11

Hello there Gondola,

I actually was going to respond to your previous question about my current location and what not but totally forgot, that is on me. I got sidetracked and forgot to. I would respond to that question later, given there is a lot to be said about that particular question.

Now for everything else, after your first response, per your suggestion, I went ahead and filled out my profile with the necessary information details, but later decided to edit them out.

Now, since you are combing my history, I would reply in the mannerism I used back then, for you deserve a somewhat similar retort.

Hold up! Hold up! You do realize that was more than 3 years ago right and a lot might have changed between then and now. So to now ask if I am now a TalkTalk customer is beyond baffling and damn right shocking. Especially, if indeed you carefully read my past posts, the very last post preceding this. I made a reply in the Home Safe & Super Safe Boost section about 'Child Safe' issue blocking sites. So please tell me, how can I not be a TalkTalk customer after I stated also experiencing that same issue as those having facing the same issue. Heck, I went further by mentioning not only just checking the TalkTalk status page before rebooting my router again, which would not be possible unless...

Finally, how is it even possible in 2021 to have a TalkTalk email account without being a premium customer in any capacity, either be it having a broadband active service or simply paying the MailPlus mail by-monthly fee, just to keep x/y mail account(s) if the Broadband service is not required? I'm curious, please let me know.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Dharlone 

I see you've neither answered the specific question of location or updated your Community profile which doesn't help TalkTalk to verify your details in order to provide support.

You said in 2016 that you were not a TalkTalk Consumer customer (formerly Tiscali) and had never been a customer.  Has that situation changed?

Heads up that you need to be a TalkTalk Consumer customer resident in the UK for home broadband or MailPlus mail only service and the tiscali email address must be added to the customer MyAccount.

Message 6 of 11

The Russian mail services are unusual but the reason for asking is that you said you were having to verify a login from a new location.  So, if your previous login was in the UK, where is your new login?

Message 7 of 11

I assume your question was because I mentioned Mailru and Yandex, lol. I am in the UK + (*TalkTalk customer)

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Which country are you in?

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the suggestion.

Before I posted the thread, I checked the spam/trash, the emails were not there. Then per checking the forums, I checked the emails setting and disabled the filter settings. This is the very first time I would ever go into the mail settings.

Like I said previously, I turned it off and also then created a custom filter to check if the emails would come through. I further sent blank testing emails from two seperate email providers (mailbe, mailru), both arrived instantly.

After reading your suggestion, I tried sending another test email from another different different email provider (*Yandex) I didn't use previously but this time I simply copied and pasted the email contents of the last 'verification email from Discord' I received few months back with the custom settings on, I did not receive the email. I repeated this with the mailru provider address, I received the email. I sent another email from my Tiscali address back to my Yandex address, I received the email at the Yandex address.

This leads me to the conclusion the issue is from Tiscali. Given I have now noticed not getting emails from 2 seperate addresses and I assume there could be other addresses I am not getting emails from, bare in mind I have not changed my email settings. Nonetheless, I have gone ahead deleting both the default filter setting and my custom settings.

This is just baffling.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Dharlone 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your tiscali email and the sender's email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Check Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

You may have a Blocked Senders Filter rule or other filter set up in the online mailbox. 

You'll need to check using a desktop browser. If using a mobile browser, select the desktop setting.

• Select the main settings menu, triple line icon
  • Select the Settings menu item
  • Select the arrowhead by Mail or Email in the side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
  • Delete all that's there