email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from a particular sender

Smobster
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 25

I have a problem receiving emails from one particular sender - I have discovered that they have sent several replies to my messages, but none have arrived in my mailbox?

The sender does not receive any 'bounce' notification, so assumes the messages have been delivered... but have not? 

Everything else about the mailbox seems fine and working normally - I have checked that there are no Blocked addresses in filters and looked in Spam/Trash folders - but the messages are not there either?

Any other suggestions or advice? Your help would be appreciated... thanks!

24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

I've had no update for you, so I've sent another chaser. I'll let you know either way today. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk ,

Any further news on this... it's been a week since you last said you'd chase tickets on this?

I am still not receiving message from the email address highlighted in the private notes on my profile. It has now gone on for over a month. Any chance this can be investigated and fixed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 25

Hi Smobster, we have to wait 4 working days to chase these tickets. I believe yours has waited long enough so I've sent a chaser over to my colleagues and will post back once I receive their reply. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Bumping this to see if there are any updates or progress? Thanks...

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

I've been advised by our network team that this can take up to 4 working days so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Friday

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

OK thanks - I've passed this over to our network team, if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread in 72 hours 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

We have recently upgraded to Talktalk fibre, but I am not the account holder - this is held in my partner's name. See Private Notes on my Personal Information for the Account holder's name.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi Smobster,

Are you currently a TalkTalk customer? If you are then are you the account holder?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

OK, thanks. I'll pass this over to our email admins for further investigation

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk 

No, I have still not received anything from the sender - I got nothing back from the test email and still no sign of any of the other emails that I know have been sent?

Due to delays addressing this and because I need to communicate with this sender, I have set up a Gmail account and we can exchange emails without a problem in Gmail! So it must be an issue with Talktalk mail servers rejecting the messages for some reason I guess?

I hope someone can look at this and fix it, because I'd rather not have to check two email accounts all the time, but needed to do something and for now Gmail seems to be the answer?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi Smobster,

Apologies for the delay, can you confirm that you've not received anything from the sender since your last post and I'll raise this to our network team for further investigation 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk 

No, I do not get emails at regular intervals from this sender - I have only been in contact with them over the past few months, but I do know that they have sent six replies to my messages as follows:

25-Jan-19 @ 16:10; 5-Feb-19 @ 21:48; 21-Feb-19 @ 21:45 and again @ 21:59; and 11-Mar-19 @ 16:49

Each of these were correctly addressed to my email address, but have never arrived at my inbox?

I need to be able to communicate with this sender to organise a business trip - so if you could investigate where these messages are or why I am not receiving them it would be much appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi Smobster

Do you get emails from the sender at regular intervals?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk ,

Thanks for the message - I will try to get them to send a test email (again)... but as I'm not (currently) receiving their messages in my inbox, I'm not sure this will help since I very much doubt that I will be able to see their reply?

And is there no way to 'find' their previous messages sent to me on the server? I was wondering where these have gone (or why they haven't been delivered)??

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Smobster,

Would it be possible for someone to send you a test email to see if they are now getting through. I ask this because an issue accessing some education website was highlighted and resolved yesterdays and I'm wondering if the two issue are linked in some way

Chris

0 Likes

Smobster
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 25

Hi BryanM,

Well I was hopeful, but we'll see... to date email has worked well and this is just a total mystery?

I don't understand how correctly addressed mails from just this one sender have never arrived? I hope one of the techies can shed some light on it and hopefully provide a fix? 

Fingers crossed!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Dear Smobster

Don't hold your breath - I have been waiting for over 9 months for TT to resolve the blocking of emails from Sainsbury's Insurance.....

BryanM

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk 

Yes, I have checked the Spam and Trash folders on Webmail too - and no there's no sign of the messages there either?

It seems they have been blocked somewhere on the server perhaps? I don't know how a colleague get mails from this address without any problems, but I do not receive them? And as I have said previously, the sender does not get any Delivery Failure notifications either?

As far as I am aware I have never experienced this problem with any other senders, so I'm as really puzzled why this is happening? Your help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi Smobster,

Thanks for the information. Just to confirm you've said that you've checked the spam and trash folders, could you just confirm that you've checked the spam and trash folders in webmail. If you have then we'll ask our email admins to take a look at this for you

Thanks

Chris 

0 Likes

Smobster
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 25

PS. I have also checked that the sender has used my correct email address to reply to my messages - and they have... so that's not the problem either?

PPS. I work on a Mac and use the Mac Mail application - it has worked seamlessly to date and I've never encountered a problem like this before?

PPPS. I have checked 'Webmail' online to ensure the 'missing messages' are not there - and they're not! Webmail matches what I'm seeing in my Mac Mail app.

0 Likes