email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from a particular sender

Smobster
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 25

I have a problem receiving emails from one particular sender - I have discovered that they have sent several replies to my messages, but none have arrived in my mailbox?

The sender does not receive any 'bounce' notification, so assumes the messages have been delivered... but have not? 

Everything else about the mailbox seems fine and working normally - I have checked that there are no Blocked addresses in filters and looked in Spam/Trash folders - but the messages are not there either?

Any other suggestions or advice? Your help would be appreciated... thanks!

24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

I have completed the info requested by Gondola and added additional info on the problem that I have in my message to him (above).

Hope that you can help?  Thanks!

0 Likes

Smobster
Conversation Starter
Message 22 of 25

Hello @Gondola and thanks for your reply. I have updated my Personal Info as requested now. I have also included my email and the sender's email addresses in the Private Notes box.

None of the sender's emails have come through to my mailbox. I have been sending 'reminders' to contact me because I thought they were just ignoring my messages. I have now found out that three different people from the organisation have already replied and I have not got any of them... no sign that they are responding at all.

Through an intermediary (copied into the 'missing messages' can get mails from them without a problem) I have also found out that they are not getting any rejection notices to say their mail has not been delivered - so they think I'm ignoring their replies now!

I have checked all junk filters are 'off' and the messages haven't gone to my Trash - there is no sign of them anywhere... it all seems very strange??

It is a 'corporate' mailbox - an educational institution actually, based in Trinidad... not sure what their server status might be?

Any other advice, suggestions or help to fix would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 25

Hi Smobster,

Welcome to the Community 

If you still need assistance can you please provide the information requested by Gondola

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Message 24 of 25

Hi @Smobster 

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add your email address and the sender's email address, carefully noted as such, and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk mailbox and ask the email admins to check it out.

If the sender originates emails to you are they getting through to your mailbox?

Re the reply emails that are being sent back to you. What email address have you got for the Reply to address? Check that's correct and if blank then it may be worth filling in the Reply to address field.

Are the replies from a personal mailbox or might it be a corporate mailbox where the replies are being sent by a hosting mail server.  A server that's not designated as an authorised server by the sender's domain might get emails rejected.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution