email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails

Gailjw
Participant
Message 8 of 8

Hi

I am not receiving emails from one particular company.

They advise me that emails are being sent every week and can't find an issue at their end.

I have no 'Block' option on my email list and have checked the 'Filter Rules' - there are none defined so I don't understand the problem or what to do.

Can anyone help/ advise please?

Thank you 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Has the sender confirmed that they've cleansed their database and confirmed all recipients are still willing? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi, I've checked with them again and they still say the emails are being sent.

Can this be looked into please

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Gailjw, it looks like Gondola has this in hand for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Gailjw 

The mail1 email is sent from a different mail sender. It's essentially marketing mail. 

So it could be that other talktalk mail users have marked the mail as spam instead of unsubscribing from the marketing mails. Or the marketing mail database has not been updated promptly to remove subscribers that have blocked the mail or that have marked the mail as spam.

The net result may be that the TalkTalk network filters are blocking the mail and the TalkTalk Team will need to investigate for you.

However, some mail systems do automatically stop sending if a mailbox is unavailable. There was a mail system outage on the morning of 23rd March so that may have triggered a recent stop on sending if the switchover from text messages to mail messages has only recently been implemented.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 8

Apologies, wrote out a reply but mustn't have posted it.

Ok, profile completed.

Spam and trash both checked, not in there, email sent and is sitting in the sent folder, no error messages.

Filter rules are as picture - no rules defined.

The last part of my email is  - talktalk.net    theirs is - mail1.meccabingo.com

I have never received an email from this particular address, but have been informed that I should have  (I was getting text messages so didn't think to check but they changed to email only) 

I do however receive emails from other departments within the company, (support, rewards, customer escalation)  the only difference being the mail1. aspect 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi @Gailjw 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support from Monday onwards, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and the sending email address, company name, notes and references etc and then save changes.

Check both Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. 

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox. That's to check the mailbox is working properly.

You've checked there's no filter rules defined in the TalkTalk Mail mailbox so there's nothing set up in the mailbox to stop mail getting delivered to the Inbox. Just to check; when selecting Filter Rules in the side panel you saw this E-Mail Filter Rules page:

Filter rules - There is no rule defined

What is the last part of your email address after the @ symbol?  And the last part of the sender's address? When did you first notice mail messages not being received?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Gailjw
Participant
Message 7 of 8

*Should also add - they are not in spam/junk folder and email is nowhere near full

0 Likes