email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some of the incoming emails

petet
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

a few of my friends living abroad (probably not relevant) have texted me that their emails to my tiscali.co.uk address have been bouncing back lately with "Undelivered mail - returned to sender" error. Seems to be very inconsistent too.

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi petet, if you've followed Gondola's advice and the problem persists please let me know. I'll help you move onto the next step. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi petet 

You should check the mailbox is working and without any Filter rule defined. A filter rule could be redirecting to an unavailable address or refusing delivery. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes