email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Tiscali Mail Password Forgotten

tjmagezi
First Timer
Message 1 of 7

Hi, I need to access my old Tiscali address which i have not used for many years. I don't know if it's even still working. I had forgotten the password. But, when i try to reset the password it sends the reset email to my Tiscali address which i cannot access of course! There seems to be no other reset option available. How do get access to my account?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

Hi @tjmagezi 

You've not set up password recovery so we're going to have to ask TalkTalk to set that up for you if the mailbox is still active. 

Have you sent the email address a mail message to see if you get a quick bounceback error of Undeliverable?

Try to see if the mailbox is active by entering the email address at this website. If it confirms Deliverable then we'll take it from there and advise you how to proceed.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 7

Hi @Gondola ,

I actually have 2 Tiscali email addresses on my account page. When i use the webpage you gave me, one of them comes up deliverable and the other one non deliverable, (which is odd as it was the original email address I used when i setup the account originally). Does this mean i can only recover the one which is deliverable? If so that would actually be OK. Please let me know how to do that. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi tjmagezi 

Even though the email address is in your MyAccount My Mailboxes list it can get deleted by the system if the email account is not used for more than 6 months.

I'm sure TalkTalk will try to recover access for both if one is active and the other is just suspended. A TalkTalk Staff member will let you know. TalkTalk can remove a system-deleted mailbox from your MyAccount to release space for new mailboxes to be created.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't available. A TT Staff member will verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address that's 'Deliverable' and the one that may be deleted (noting which is which) and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only for each address:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR TalkTalk account security answers
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile number to receive a password reset link or code.

When you're verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Message 5 of 7

@Gondola 

Thanks for your help! I have entered all details already as you have suggested and shall wait for a member of TT to get in touch...

Message 6 of 7

And escalated to TalkTalk for you. A TT Staff member will respond here.

Message 7 of 7

Hi tjmagezi, I've sent you a personal message to get more information from you. Please answer all the questions in the link. If you're not sure of the password then say no and answer the alternate questions. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.