email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Tiscali email account

cd_negri
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Good afternoon,

I need to gain access to my old Tiscali account as it is the only way to retrieve my AppleID. I left the UK years ago but have kept my Tiscali email address alive for some time. I tried to log in to webmail with the last password I used, but I get AUTHORIZATION-0001 error message. I tried the 'Forgotten Your Password?' link but the only 2 options that I have are an email on the same @Tiscali.co.uk address or text to a mobile number I don't recognize.

Is there any other way I can get access to the account?

Many thanks for any help you can give!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Received, thank you 😊

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I've sent that personal message for you now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi cd_negri, to obtain more information I need to send you a personal message. I'm waiting for those to be activated on your account. As soon as that's done I'll get the message to you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thank you so much @Gondola for your quick response.

I have tried to send an email to my Tiscali address and I did't get any bounceback error message. I have also checked the verifalia website and the address is validated as deliverable. I have updated my personal details with my current contacts in Italy and have put all my UK details in the Personal Notes for TT Staff Members to check.

Once I can recover access to the email and recover my AppleID, I will change the email address associated to it with my current email address, so I can dismiss the Tiscali email address.

I will wait for a Staff Member to get in touch to confirm my details and send the Reset details to my current contacts.

Thanks again for your kind help

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @cd_negri 

Heads up that TalkTalk don't support the use of TalkTalk managed mail for non-uk residents. Former customers resident in the UK can subscribe to a mail only service (MailPlus) with TalkTalk but this subscription has to be paid via UK Bank Direct Debit.

The mailbox may be locked. A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or locking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. You may need help to recover access.

When you send the tiscali email address a mail message do you get a bounceback error? If so, what does that indicate? If you use the verifalia website to validate the address does the top line indicate Deliverable or something else?

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset option isn't recognised. A TT Staff member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details with your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your details related to the original registration of the email address. 

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution