email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Tiscali email account

Helen-Chadwick
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

This might end up being a little bit personal sorry. My parents created an email account when they had Tiscali broadband, about 15 years ago. As a family we've used this email address for various things, but have not logged on to the actual mail box for years. I have learned that a couple of years ago you needed to pay to keep these older mail boxes. 

However! My parents are now divorcing and have found that some important documents are being sent to this email address without any error notifications that the email could not be sent. Is there anyway that I can restore this account? We do not have TalkTalk broadband and no longer live at the old address.

Thank you inadvance!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Helen

I wouldn't always assume the worst but would carry out the tests and checks I've indicated. Chris-TalkTalk would also check and if the mailbox is still active but password recovery has not been set up then this can be set up for the former account holder.

Is it possible that your mum can recall the password?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter the email address and password, select Sign in.

See what the response is. But if she can get signed in then that's great.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for your response. My mum says that she hasn't logged on in years so the mail box is likely to have been deleted so we cannot pursue this further. Thank you!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Hi Helen

The first thing to appreciate is that the registered user of the tinyworld email address is the tinyworld / tiscali broadband account holder at the time the tinyworld email address was created. Only that person would be able to be verified as the user and given access.

Second, as the mailbox hasn't seemingly been in active use it would be useful to check if it still exists.

Mailboxes are flagged for deletion if the user doesn't sign in at least once every 180 days. The help page  Deleted Email error message explains more.

So first you'd check if the email address is still active. Send the email address a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback error message saying 'Undeliverable' that means the mailbox isn't active.

Then  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

Finally, use the Reset password now button in the Help page  Changing your email password to see if you get a deleted or no domain error message or if there are password recovery options saved.  Just one option to send a reset to the mailbox itself means the mailbox is still active but password recovery isn't set up.

Let us know the outcome in each case.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Helen-Chadwick
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi Chris thank you for getting back to me. I have now updated my profile with that information.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Helen-Chadwick,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number
  •  
  • Can you add the Tiscali email address to the private notes section

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes