email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old pipex email hacked

markob100
Popular Poster
Message 28 of 28

Hi. I am in exactly the same position. I do not use the mailbox any more though it does get pulled into my gmail (though I never send anything from it).

I have added the data in the private notes section of my profile. I would be grateful if you could change the password immediately and schedule the mailbox for deletion as soon as possible.

One of the 'you've been hacked' emails includes a password I do vaguely recognise, though I'm not sure if it's the current one. So perhaps this is a 'real' rather than 'spoof' hack? In case it is, please do change the password as soon as possible. I haven't been able to log in, but I may not be using the right webmail link. I'm not sure what it would be these days - perhaps you could let me know.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Kelani has tried to get in touch this morning. I believe he's left a voicemail as he wasn't able to get hold of you. If there's a time that best suits you please let us know and we'll do our best to call at that time. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi markob100, I've sent a chaser to get this sorted for you. I'll post back when I hear from the team. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community Team that you're still waiting on the pipex email account to be disabled and notified to you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi, I still haven't heard anything and I am unable to change the password myself. I keep getting spam emails and I'm really keen to get this mailbox deleted. Thank you.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 26 of 28

Hi markob100, I've raised the fault ticket for you. These resets are taking 5 working days to be completed at the moment. If you haven't heard anything by Wednesday please post back to chase.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 27 of 28

Hi Mark

The normal webmail login is here: Pipex webmail login (Click here). Although if you don't remember your password you'll not get logged in.

The current spate of blackmail scam emails spoofing your email address and making fake claims including that your account has been hacked isn't conclusive of a compromised account.  You should check for suspicious activity though just to be aware. The fact that you think the quoted password is an old one is probably right. But securing the account and suspending it pending deletion is certainly an option for you.

You will need to prove you're the registered user of the email account. 

Please double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number just in case the team need to speak to you.
  • Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community support team will verify the user details recorded for the email address and will reply here to confirm verification and account suspension.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes