email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old tiscali account

fatmothy
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I believe my old Tiscali account has been hacked and as I don't use it anymore I would like it deleted. I have taken all info I need from any old emails. I have read other posts and have put full details about this very old account in my Personal Information as has been suggested. Talktalk did say they were going to cancel this email by the end of March but it is still there.

I understand the staff are very restricted at this time but I would appreciate it if they could be contacted to clear this account as it has been compromised. Hope someone can help. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Excellent.  Good decision.

Stay secure, stay safe.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

fatmothy
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply - I'm not a TalkTalk customer they just took over the Tiscali accounts.

So I'll go through the GDPR route as you suggested.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @fatmothy 

To protect your security the mail account does need deletion.

If you're a TalkTalk broadband or MailPlus customer and know the current password you can add your email address in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail and once there, or if it's listed there already, you can delete it. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Delete a mailbox.png

If you're not a current TalkTalk customer you may request deletion under your GDPR right to be forgotten.  The request needs to be made to the Data Protection Team as they'll need to verify you as the registered mail user. Full details and address to write to is in the Help page Access information we hold on you 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes