email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of 3 email addresses not working.

iaintraynor
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

We have 3 email addresses. 1 of them simply stopped working from yesterday. The other 2 are fine. On the talktalk webmail app it allows me to sign in but won't retrieve any emails. I get the message "connection closed to email server 127.0.0.1"

Logging into the either of our other 2 email accounts via the webmail app works fine and existing and new emails are there.

I've tried several different devices.

No settings were changed. Strangely yesterday I have signed up to change our internet provider from talktalk and the email only stopped working since then, our date for leaving talktalk isn't until 07/01/22 and I can sign into my talktalk account to see this. We will be paying for talktalk plus to allow us to continue using talktalk mail once our current contract ends.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi all, an issue was found and fixed on the servers yesterday. Please let us know if you're still having problems.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

webwiz
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 6

Me too

Message 3 of 6

Thanks iaintraynor 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

iaintraynor
Team Player
Message 4 of 6

I have added the non working email address in private notes as requested. Thankyou so much for your help.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi iaintraynor 

Good to see two of your mailboxes are working well. No need to make any changes at your end.

The error message An error occurred. Connection closed to email server 127.0.0.1. Please try again later or the error message Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

It's a local issue at the TalkTalk Mail platform and some mailboxes are not being accessed. I've reported the issue to TalkTalk and it's been alerted to the Mail platform operator.

So that TalkTalk Support can co-ordinate the issue of those mailboxes that are on the Mail platform server that is not currently accessible: Would you kindly add, and note the email address that's not accessible, in your Community profile, Private notes - in the My Settings   Personal Information page - at the bottom of the page immediately above the Save Changes button that you'll then need to update the page.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution