Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

OneTel E-mail : Password change request

20 REPLIES 20
glynbaxter
Popular Poster

Hi @Gondola 

Please can you help me with this problem that my friend Graham posted a while ago.

How can I proceed as I can't find any mention of a telephone number etc? 

Glyn Baxter
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @glynbaxter 

You're in the right place, right here, and the only 'phone number you'll need is your own mobile number if you have one but don't worry if not.

Just acknowledging your request for a onetel password change and confirming it's already escalated to the TalkTalk Community Team to authorise a password change for you.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk will need to verify you are the registered mail user. You'll get an initial response from a TalkTalk (TT Staff) team member here, hopefully tomorrow, and your Community Personal Messaging will be enabled.

You'll then receive via Community Personal Messaging (the envelope icon by your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community), a data verification request prior to authorising the password change.

You'll then get a call on your mobile and a team member will run a security check and give you the new password.

When the onetel mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform (coming soon) and you have a MyAccount as a MailPlus or Broadband customer then you'll be able to manage the password change there or set up Reset Details via the online mailbox Settings Menu for when you forget the password or wish to reset it.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

glynbaxter
Popular Poster

I have done all of the above.

I will wait to hear from you.

Glyn Baxter
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi glynbaxter, I've sent you a personal message to get more information so that I can request a password reset for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

OCE_Ady

Hi G, ignore that last PM blooming workflow tool sent to you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

glynbaxter
Popular Poster
I don't know what a PM blooming workflow tool is.

I have sent you a personal message with my personal details as requested in the first message.

When giving technical explanations etc, please be aware that I'm in my 80s, and I might not understand.
Glyn Baxter
glynbaxter
Popular Poster

I have sent all the information requested via message to the support person, but I still don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Glyn Baxter
glynbaxter
Popular Poster

PLEASE, is there anyone here that can help me re-set my email password?

I've tried repeatedly and have followed the instructions given in a personal message, and still I haven't been able to get anywhere.

If I'm unable to do this via these messages, is there any way I can phone someone up to sort it out?

I'm getting desperate now.

Glyn Baxter
glynbaxter
Popular Poster
I've desperately been trying to sort my email password out since the beginning of this month, and despite assurances from moderators on this forum saying that someone will contact me in a 'few days', I've still not heard anything.

Does anyone have a telephone number that I'm able to call so I can receive my e-mails once again?
Glyn Baxter
ferguson
Community Star

It looks like this might have been missed, I have re-escalated it for you. 

OCE_Ady

Hi glynbaxter, I'm really very sorry. I don't know what's going wrong. This should have been done over a week ago. I've sent another chaser and escalated to my manager for assistance too. 

Ady

glynbaxter
Popular Poster
Thank you. I look forward to someone contacting me soon.

I have been unable to send or receive e-mails for nearly two weeks.
Glyn Baxter
OCE_Chris

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, hopefully you'll be contacted soon

Chris

glynbaxter
Popular Poster

Tuesday 22nd September. Still heard nothing.

Have been unable to send e-mails for weeks now.

😞

Glyn Baxter
OCE_Chris

Hi glynbaxter,

OCE_Ady has escalated this, I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve.

Chris

glynbaxter
Popular Poster

Thursday 24th September.

Have still heard nothing.

Glyn Baxter
OCE_Chris

I'm sorry for the delay. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday

Thanks

Chris

glynbaxter
Popular Poster
Eventually had a phone call from someone on Monday.

They said they couldn't change my password as there was a problem with their system, but they'd call me back either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Wednesday has now been and gone, and still no contact.

Have been without email now for a number of weeks.

Any advice?
Glyn Baxter
OCE_Ady

Hi glynbaxter, I'm so very sorry this took so long. Your password has been reset now so I've asked my colleagues in the network team to give you a call with the new password.

We've made changes to the process as a result of this issue. 

Ady

glynbaxter
Popular Poster

Waited in all day today for all call.

Nothing received.

No email now for weeks.

😞

Glyn Baxter