email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel Login Problems

emdaisy2
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hello

I have an old Onetel email address that is still used for some accounts. Unfortunately I am no longer receiving emails for that account and cannot remember the password. 

Are you able to help? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

It certainly sounds like it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

emdaisy2
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 12

Thank you.

I guess it’s lost for good then 😞 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi emdaisy2, based on the information provided I'd say that mailbox has been deleted from the database. If you haven't logged in via webmail in a long time it was probably never migrated onto the new platform. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 12

Hi emdaisy2 

The error message that bounced back to Gmail, 550.5.1.1 Recipient Invalid (TT506), means the onetel email address does not exist as an active mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform so mail is undeliverable.

All onetel mailboxes should have been upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform some time ago.  My diagnosis is that the mailbox has been deleted by the system because of non-use or because it's never been added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount either as part of a broadband package or a MailPlus mail only subscription.

My guess is you're seeing the sent message from Gmail as it goes out but then the response comes back from TalkTalk that the mailbox address does not exist.

Best to wait until we get a definitive answer here from TalkTalk Support. This topic is in their workflow.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

emdaisy2
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 12

Apologies if I’m not being too clear. 

i sent the email from my gmail app on my phone to my onetel

address and received it, but that was followed by the one that said it was t delivered. 

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 1kXtmRNydMyu7 Recipient Invalid (TT506)

I have updated the profile information. 
I don’t ever remember being a TalkTalk customer. 

Sorry for being unclear. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

I understood that you were not receiving mail to the onetel address. But you say you received your test message. 

Is that because you sent the test message to yourself as well as to the onetel address? 

But you also got a bounce back error, probably from Mailer-Daemon to advise that the message to onetel was undeliverable. 

I would say the email address is either not entered correctly or it does not exist. 

For a definitive check that the email address is on the deleted database we'd need to ask TalkTalk to check. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by including in your Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email address, notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Message 7 of 12

Actually, just after that it was followed up by a message that said it failed to deliver. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Thank you.

I have sent a test message and received it straight away so appears it is active. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi emdaisy2 

The error message indicating no domain means that the email address has been entered incorrectly or that it does not exist on the TalkTalk Mail platform. 

Try sending the email address a message from another mail service and see if you get a bounce back error advising that the message is undeliverable or similar. If the mailbox is deleted because of non-use then you should get a response from the mail service fairly quickly.

emdaisy2
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12
  • Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately it doesn’t work. When I enter the email address, it says the email does not have a Talk Talk domain. 
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi emdaisy2 

Just use the Forgotten password button in the help article Changing your email password and if the email address is still active and you have set up password recovery you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know how you get on.