email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel - android settings?

davinac
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

Gmail app on android does not work either.

Unable to connect to server.

Until 29/09/2020 I was able to use mail.onetel.net. Now only way I can now access my onetel mail is via the webmail.onetel.com.  Why have you changed the servers without testing it first.

I urgently need the imap or pop3 settings as I get important emails on this account and do not want to miss them.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-IMAP-amp-POP3/ta-p/2204399?utm_source=Ta...

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi davinac, that's fantastic thanks very much for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 14

Capture+_2020-10-26-09-17-47.png

 Finally found settings able to now get emails on android device.

Thank you for your advice. Very much appreciated.

Message 3 of 14

Hi davinac, is everything working properly now? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 14

Hi davinac 

I'll assume that your onetel mailbox is not yet upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform because you say you can only check your emails via the onetel webmail login.

So, to avoid confusion I will present you with the onetel email client settings when your onetel mailbox is upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform. i.e. let us know tomorrow if you can sign in to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 5 of 14

Thanks but, I am able to login to my onetel account no issues via webmail. I am unable to login using an email client as the Imap/pop and Smtp settings have changed since 28/09/2020.  I got an email saying my account was updated. I just need valid imap/pop/smtp settings to be able to access via an email client.

The page on the community page are incorrect for settings for onetel account holders.

I have tried:

Imap.onetel

Pop.onetel

Smtp.onetel

Full email address as login username

Different sls

Different ports 143 e.t.c

Even talk talk pop/imap/smtp settings

THEY ALL DO NOT WORK!

None have worked since 28/09/2020.

I can now only check my emails going to this website.  https://webmail.onetel.com/

I cannot even report an issue when via the webmail as that form is no longer working i get an error message unable to submit.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi davinac 

Welcome to TalkTalk Mail.  TalkTalk Mail will recognise your full onetel email address so everywhere that mentions entering your Username to sign in you now need to enter your full onetel email address as the Username.

Try that here right now:

Enter your full onetel email address, select Continue.  If you get redirected out to the onetel webmail login then your mailbox will be upgraded tonight all being well.

But if already upgraded then enter your email password, select Sign in.

Let us know if you now see the TalkTalk Mail mailbox with a blue header bar and TalkTalk top left.

If not yet upgraded then try this sign in tomorrow.

Message 7 of 14

Never been able to login to webmail or via email client using full email address, only username.

Username = before @of full email address.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi davinac, when you say username is before the @ do you also then have the @Onetel.com in the username as well? If not you need to. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

It is a onetel.com email address.

Username is before the @.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 14

Hi davinac, as Gondola has said you need to have your full email address as your username. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Message 11 of 14

Hi @davinac 

Looks ok so far.

Have you got your usename set as the full onetel.net.uk email address and entered the correct password?

I assume it is a onetel.net.uk domain address? Please confirm.

Message 12 of 14

20201002_212939.gif

 Settings which no longer work since changes made on 29/09/2020.

Imap or pop servers in android apps outlook, gmail app and lg email app.

I even tried old settings onetel.net.uk which stopped working a few years ago.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @davinac 

You have access to webmail for your onetel mailbox so that's good as you'll not miss any mail messages.

Show me the screenshots of the android email app or gmail app showing incoming and outgoing server settings. Before uploading please image edit to obscure the first part of the email address in the username boxes. The full username in the boxes should of course be username@onetel.com with your own username in place of the email local part before the @ symbol.

I'll be able to let you know if I see anything amiss.

Onetel email settings