email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel.com mail changeover

galan46
Participant
Message 9 of 9

Since Thursday, all I get is this message: Sending of password for user """"" did not succeed.

Mail server mail.onetel.com responded: Account is temporarily unavailable.

How do I retrieve a bundle of emails I know have been sent to me?

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi OCE_Andy,

You say the Onetel migration has been stalled but for how long? This issue has been going on for some time now.

Musa
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi galan46, as Gondola says you'll be notified when it's completed. We stalled the migration for Onetel as we've seen some issues in the test migrations. It won't be long though. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi galan46 

You'll be able to access your new mail messages via the onetel webmail login until your mailbox is upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform then you'll find access is enabled using email address and password at: https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite

You'll receive a mail message from TalkTalk to the mailbox when the upgrade is complete.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 4 of 9
Thanks for that. After changing my username as pointed out, I am now able to access the Mailzone, but for how long?
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi both, as your mail hasn't been migrated yet, you should be able to use Mailzone. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Hi @galan46 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Enter your onetel email address. Are you then asked for a password to sign in or do you get redirected to the onetel webmail sign in page?

If redirected to the onetel page then your email account is not yet upgraded. But you will be able to sign in and see your mail messages.

How are you currently collecting your mail messages? Computer operating system and mail software / or type of mobile device and mail software? And is the email account set up as POP3 or IMAP. The advice page gives email settings and can help to identify POP3 from IMAP.

It's become apparent recently that some onetel users have got the Username as just the first part of the email address whereas the TalkTalk upgrade requires the Username as the full email address. You'll usually be able to update the Username in the email software Account Settings but I'll help you to locate those once I know what device and software you're using.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 7 of 9
Can anyone offer some information as to what it is going on with this, please?
Talk Talk owes its loyal customers an explanation. To leave people in the lurch with no means to retrieve their mail
is a disgrace and totally unacceptable. My account is due for renewal soon and I am thinking seriously to emigrate to
a more helpful provider.
0 Likes

galan46
Participant
Message 8 of 9

I have been trying since Thursday and still keep getting the same message I posted earlier on.

Very frustrating and hugely inconvenienced as I need to access the emails I have been sent.

0 Likes