Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel email change password / close accounts

2 REPLIES 2
weeboaby
First Timer

Hi. 

My Onetel email accounts are hacked.  There is no option to change the password.  Can anyone please tell me how I can either change the passwords, or delete the accounts completely.  

Many thanks in advance. 

A

A Khan
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @weeboaby 

Grateful if you'd advise which option you'd like so that you can get the best result for you. i.e. Password change OR Mailbox deletion. Here's the advice for each option.

Onetel mailbox password change

There is no password change option on the legacy onetel mailzone dashboard.

Please do a quick double-check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email addresses with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk will need to verify you are the registered onetel mail user and then authorise the securing of the mailboxes and password changes. You'll get an initial response from a TalkTalk (TT Staff) team member here.

You'll then receive via Community Personal Messaging (the envelope icon by your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community), a data verification request prior to authorising the password change.

You'll then get a call on your mobile and a team member will run a security check and give you the new passwords.

When the onetel mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have a MyAccount as a MailPlus or Broadband customer then you'll be able to manage the password change there or set up Reset Details for when you forget the password and need to reset it.

Hugely grateful, if you've received any phishing or criminal demand via email quoting a onetel password whether correct or not, to report that email to TalkTalk security.

Report a phishing or spam email 

I'd recommend scanning your email devices against virus and malware just to give you confidence that there's nothing capturing passwords.

If the password is current but is not unique to the onetel mailbox then do change other passwords asap. Also review any other online presence where you use the onetel email address. 

If there's a known data breach involving your onetel email addresses then it may be listed at haveibeenpwned.com. If on entering your email address the page stays blue then ok. If it goes red, scroll down to see the reports. It may help you to identify any other linked accounts that may be compromised.

Onetel mailbox deletion

On the question of deleting your onetel mailboxes, you can give instructions for deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team. 

They'll need 5 items of personal data as verification of who you are and that you are verifiable as the registered user of the email address.  See the help page item 'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '.

For example, along with the Email address for deletion:

• Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Copy of either current driving licence / or Passport / or Council tax Bill.

When you're verified and the mailboxes are deleted you'll receive written confirmation to your current home address. It's usually a couple of weeks to get that confirmation but do let us know how you get on. We appreciate feedback even when sending members off site to get the solution.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi weeboaby, if you want the password reset then I can raise a ticket to have that done for you. 

I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.