email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel email upgrade

g7mzh
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Can you confirm that retrieving and sending email via Thunderbird, using the Onetel email address, POP3 and SMTP settings, and password, will continue to work without any change being required?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi g7mzh,

If you need any further information please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
It's not me, it's my father, who received the email about the changes and was worried he would have to have a new email address with all the extra work that would involve.

I shall be able to reassure him.

Many thanks.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @g7mzh 

Can you confirm that retrieving and sending email via Thunderbird, using the Onetel email address, POP3 and SMTP settings, and password, will continue to work without any change being required?

Confirmed.  But do you really not wish to upgrade to secure SSL/TLS settings?

Onetel current settings will work ok on the TalkTalk Mail platform. But Onetel is an insecure mail service so upgrading to the TalkTalk Mail platform will enable you to upgrade and use secure SSL/TLS connection security settings for the first time.

The Mail Support Hub has more details for you about Upgrading to the new TalkTalk Mail.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer with a home broadband service from TalkTalk?

Let us know if you have more questions and you'll find support right here in Community.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution