email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel email

Cyril1948
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

I've been a TalkTalk customer for many years and the original onetel. I've still been using my onetel email address until yesterday. I tried to access email and my onetel was diverted to TalkTalk. How can I access my onetel emails? I've not been informed this was going to happen!

Cyril Griffin
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi Cyril1948, thanks for posting back to let us know that Gondola's help got you sorted. As the post with instructions helped I've marked that as best answer to help others benefit from Gondola's advice. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 27

Nice one Cyril.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know you found the mail messages. We always appreciate your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi Gondola,

Great, thanks I found the inward facing arrow left of the inbox. clicked on and all my folders appeared.

Thanks again

Cyril

Cyril Griffin

Message 4 of 27

Hi Cyril1948 

The onetel upgrade to the TalkTalk Mail platform doesn't copy over the contacts. You'll find advice here and there's a video to watch to show how to copy contacts.

Enter your onetel email address, select Continue.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

All email folders are copied to the TalkTalk Mail platform.  Your 'missing' folders and mail messages may be a sub-folder of the Inbox or My folders.  The folders are shown in the folder view in the left side panel. The presence of sub folders is indicated by an inward facing arrowhead on the Folder line. Just select the arrowhead to reveal sub-folders.

Let us know if that's solved the problem and just say if you need more advice.

Message 5 of 27

What about my folders with lots of emails in. Will I get them back?

Cyril

Cyril Griffin
0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Great stuff, thanks for letting us know it's sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 27

Nice one, BigStar263 

Good to know you're back in action. We always appreciate your feedback.

Message 8 of 27

Woohoo! That seems to have worked now. Thank you SO much.

I don't think I've received the email you mention from TalkTalk, but I'll keep my eye out.

Message 9 of 27

Hi @BigStar263 

The onetel upgrade is almost completed. Have you received the mail message from TalkTalk to advise that your onetel mailbox has a status of Upgrade complete?

If complete then the email settings for an onetel.com email address and Mac Mail are given below for an IMAP email account or a POP3 email account connecting securely to the mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) POP3
Username username@onetel.com username@onetel.com
Password Yes Yes
Incoming host name imap.onetel.com pop.onetel.com
Incoming Port 993 995
Incoming Security Use TLS/SSL TLS/SSL
Outgoing host name smtp.onetel.com smtp.onetel.com
Outgoing Port 587 587
Outgoing Security Use TLS/SSL TLS/SSL
Authentication method Password Password

Or you can select the tick box to automatically manage connection settings.

Remember that the Username is now the full onetel email address.

Let us know if your mailbox is upgraded and if the Mac Mail is now working ok. If asked to accept a certificate the response is Yes / Accept.

Message 10 of 27

Hi,

I understand the migration should now be complete, but I am still unable to rum my Onetel account through Mail on my Mac. Have deleted my account and re-entered all the details, but it still makes no difference.

Is there any other advice you can provide?

Thanks,

R

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi Ady,

Have just been into my Onetel emails and it looked as if it had been migrated. I had to re-delete over 800 emails and when looking for my folders, I'm just getting the message "Add another folder". Will all of my folders reappear?

Cyril

Cyril Griffin
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Nothing. The mail platform migration should complete tonight with the final batch of onetel mailboxes. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Thanks for the update. What do you mean "...when you have migrated..."? What do I need to do at this end?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi BigStar263, yeah the Mac Mail was trying to connect with encryption despite being told not to. This led to the authentication time outs. Once you've migrated this will no longer be an issue.

Ady

Message 15 of 27

Hi Ady. Any update in this issue with MacOS Mail?

Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi BigStar263, I've replied to your other post. I can also confirm that there's some issue with MACOS and Onetel preventing this from working. We've got all the email team and our mail platform supplier working to resolve the issue. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi Ady.

I've now tried this. Ive put in the settings to the letter, but it's refusing to verify. It takes several minutes apparently trying to connect bit eventually comes back with the message "Unable to verify account name or password".

What's more, now that I've deleted the account, it's removed the whole of the inbox from my Mail program. 

Is there any further advice you could give, please?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Quite often Macmail holds on tight to existing settings. Have you tried removing the account and readding it rather than just changing the settings. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Thanks. That's worked on my iOS iPhone, but Mail on my Mac PC isn't having it, despite having put in exactly the same settings. Any further advice?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi BigStar263, have you changed your username to the full email address as per the sticky post at the top of email section. 

Ady

0 Likes