email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel mailzone - issues logging in and via gmail

deburs1
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 20

Hi there

I understand there have been some problems since March 2018 and I have only just discovered gmail has not been able to pull emails from my onetel account (which would account for all the emails I think I have been missing). I have checked the onetel settings are correct in gmail and inputted a password but it is not connecting.    Please could you help?  I did have an online chat with talktalk today regarding this but the address I gave will not relate to when I set up the onetel account which was many years ago so I fear you will not be able to verify my account.

Thank you

Deborah 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

No still waiting. I have now submitted a complaint.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Deborah,

What was the outcome? Did it get resolved?

Hi Ady,

I am having the same issue as Deborah and have gone through almost identical process without any joy. Please do not go through the procedure of let email department to resolve it as I got no luck from them. They (a lady) were very rude to me.

I just need a temporary password issue to me so I can go into my mailzone account to check my email, please. A response will be most appreciated. 😉

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Deborah, I've raised the fault ticket for you. This will have to go to the email admins in order to be reset. If you don't hear anything from us by Tuesday post back so that we can chase it for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

...yes, Ady will try and verify you as the registered user of the email address and then authorise a new password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20
Yes that sounds correct. Ok so shall I wait to hear from Ady? thank you for all your help

Message 6 of 20

Hi @deburs1 

Oh dear. Over a year since you were able to sign in to the Onetel email account. The email address mailbox suggests it's still there and active. So you just need help from the TalkTalk team to request a new password. 

Ady will usually ask you for verification details by Private Message. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Gmail was collecting emails from Onetel up until March 2018. I happened to check on a warning which gmail flagged up and that is when it stopped. So the password has not changed. Something in the settings have changed. Perhaps I have also tried too many times to login via mailzone now. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hello

Ok so I have attempted login with the full email address and all variations of passwords I can possibly remember (because previously I didn't have to remember this as it was set up to collect via gmail) and no passwords are working. Obviously there is no reset password function on this old system so I think I am looking at a password reset manually through verification which I've already been through with talktalk but I have not been contacted yet. Thank you Deborah 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi @deburs1 

On the basis that the email address you quoted is valid I've obscured it for your security so you don't get spammers using it.

The sign in, whether you use Mailzone or an email client including collecting your emails in a unified mailbox like gMail, is always the full email address. e.g. username@talktalk.net or username@onetel.com

Mailzone should work wherever you are but you'll only be able to use an email client when connected directly to the TalkTalk network as a TalkTalk broadband customer. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

"Login failed because your username or password was entered incorrectly".

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Yes it says username and password not recognised but is the username ******** or ********@onetel.com? 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 20

Can you try logging directly into Mailzone and let me know what happens.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

If I try through Horde/Mailzone, it says username/password incorrect. But either way, I need help please to access the account. I went through all the verification with talktalk. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi Ady

Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password

I am trying to login through gmail.  I have looked at talktalk's pop3 and IMAP settings and tried them all. None of them are working.

Deborah 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 20

Hi Deborah, what error do you get when you try to login to Mailzone?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Chris

I have no update about this issue. I really need some help in getting access to this mailbox as it has been over a year it has been unable to connect.  Could you help me?

Thank you

Deborah 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi Deborah,

Apologies for the delay, glad to hear this is now being looked into for you. If you do need further assistance please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

I have now raised this on Chat and on Techical and it has been escalated  to the UK support team because it is classed as a orphaned mail account.   The reference is 10782473 and I am due an update in 5 days. 5 days is a long time. I thought it was 72 hours as I have seen other getting help for the same issue. 

0 Likes

deburs1
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 20

Any ideas anyone? Most of my mail is going to this mailbox. 

0 Likes