email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel sending mail block due to code TT502 Too Many Recipients

Adrian8501
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Please help someone.

I have had my Onetel email account for main years but since talktalk migrated the legacy account into their systems I am block from sending to more than 20 recipients in any 24hrs period.

How can I get this number increased to a reasonable number. Talktalk spam system appears to be very harsh restricting me to such a low number. I am part of a club and have to reply to all and if I do that is 7 recipients in one email and I then only have 13 out of my 20 remaining.

Once I hit 20 email recipients I have to wait 24 hours before I can send another email!

Please help

Many thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The email settings are now the same for all domains on the TalkTalk Mail platform. 

The post Upgrade your legacy mail settings will hopefully help you. The username is your full onetel email address and password is the onetel email password. 

Server host names will inevitably need changing to mail.talktalk.net and smtp.talktalk.net so if asked to accept a new certificate then accept. 

Let us know if you need additional help.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Adrian8501
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Hi Gondola,

I have now been able to reset my password on the talktalk site and have amended it on my client accounts on my mobile and Outlook.

Yesterday I could not send emails on outlook but could receive them, saddly today I can send them but not receive them!

Could you please let me know what the best settings are for IMAP or POP3 so I can check if these have changed.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Follow the guide here Upgrade your legacy mail password Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

Adrian8501
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi Gondola,

I have had a look on the talktalk webmail and there is nothing unusual there.

The limit appeared to drop when Talktalk switch my legacy account from Horde to their webmail system.

The limit is very perdictable and occurs after I have sent a few reply to all emails. It has never occurred out of the blue.

I have ben aware that if i wait 24 hours it returns to normal and lets me send upto 20 a day. The problem I find is if I have sent emails in the evening and then want to send more the next morning then I hit the 20 because its still in the 24hrs period.

I will tried to change my password but the MY Account page states my email address is not recognised! I tried to my email address and forgottton password and again not recognised. When I tried register it also stated not recognised. I can login no problem to the web mail and I know I have been able to log into the My Account site previously

Please help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

You might only see unusual activity by signing in to your TalkTalk mailbox via webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

The limit is not set nor settable by the email admins it's triggered by and reset by the spam protection system. If you're saying it's always been that low then TalkTalk Support can ask the email admins to take a look after you've followed the next bit of advice.

Best that you have a look first. Check the Drafts, Sent objects and Trash folders. Let us know if you see anything unexpected.

Regardless of what you find I still suggest the best course is a password upgrade. If the password is not strong the spam protection system can detect that and could trigger a rate limit.

So, let us know what you find, and then what happens after waiting 24 hours without sending mail after a password upgrade.

0 Likes

Adrian8501
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Gondola,

I had seen that TT502 was to stop spanners, I have checked my sent, deleted and undelete folders and only my emails show. I assume if my account was being used I would see something and also get some odd replies. None of which occur.

Like I said I appear to only be able to send to about 20 recipients and want to find out how to increase this limit or why talktalk have limited me to this number.

As regards to where I reside that is in the UK

Any other ideas

Many thanks

Adrian

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Adrian8501 

TT502 means that your mailbox has triggered the daily sending limit for number of recipients and it will take 24 hours to fully reset that rate limiter.

If you're not sending to hundreds of recipients then you need to consider whether your mailbox has been used by others to send out mail. You might wish to consider Changing your email password .

Are you in the UK? Not being in the UK might mean you have a lower limit.

0 Likes