email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetel webmail keeps downloading thousands of emails

fdlin
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I chatted with Talktalk support highlighting that my wife email address with onetel keeps downloading emails and their number is increasing.

this is becoming annoying and someone should be able to help.

please get in touch

best

FD

Francesco D'Aiuto
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi fdlin, I've raised the fault ticket for you. I'm afraid we've not really got an accurate estimate for repair at the moment, but feel free to post back and chase me in a few days.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks

I cannot do anything from the webmail. It is always loading.

I have added the details as requested in the private notes.

Please help

Francesco D'Aiuto
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi @fdlin

In your setup the POP3 client should download an email and delete from the server. But the deletion command isn't happening probably because there's a corrupted email in the Inbox. A mailbox repair by the Onetel email admins is needed to re-index the good emails and remove any corrupted one(s).

Can you login to Webmail and get any of the Inbox emails into Trash and deleted from Trash before Webmail crashes? I'm thinking that if you can identify one email that's causing the issue and get that into Trash and deleted?  It may be an email with an attachment that's got corrupted.

You'll need to prove you're the registered user of the email to get authority for the Onetel email admins to do their bit. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• The Onetel Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the Onetel email address when first registered
  • Save changes

TalkTalk's Community Team will verify the user details recorded for the email address and will confirm the next actions here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi

We download the specific email from a single laptop using a pop client via MS outlook.

I checked not to leave msgs on server but still keeps downloading. Cannot delete old emails that are on the server  from the webmail Onetel mailzone as after logging in it freezes...

Francesco D'Aiuto
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi fdlin, Gondola has given you good advice. Please let us know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @fdlin

How does your family access the emails?  A single laptop using an email client, for example, or multiple devices? 

What device(s) and softwares are in use and are the accounts set for IMAP or POP3?

If an email client is set to POP3 protocol but also set to keep emails on the server then the emails previously read and deleted from the device will keep reappearing.

Or there could be an issue with the mailbox not setting the read flag after emails have been read.

Or there's an issue with the email client software or account profile.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes