Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Outlook 2007 and Windows 10

3 REPLIES 3
tracle12
First Timer

I have a new computer with Windows 10 and would like MS Outlook 2007 as my e-mail as I like the layout,is this possible and if so how.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @tracle12

I recommend you drop Outlook 2007.  Microsoft ended their extended support for the product on 10 Oct 2017.  The product isn't going to be updated to make sure it carries on working and there will no security patches. I wouldn't want you to use it and then lose all your emails.

Here's a look at what the new TalkTalk mail will offer you very soon: New TalkTalk mail

My personal current preference is to use TalkTalk webmail and gMail and on the notebook to use Thunderbird as an IMAP email client and on mobile devices to use the gMail app.  I may change when TalkTalk new mail is launched.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

wgcuser
Wise Owl

True Outlook 2007 is not supported with no feature updates, nevertheless my April Windows 10 Update included a "Security update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3: April 10, 2018" which applies to: "2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2, ......... Microsoft Office Outlook 2007...... " and more.

So if you have the installer for Outlook 2007 then the option to install is there, but as Gondola says it is basically on it's way out. 

(not sure if Outlook was ever / is sold as stand-alone, mine came as part of Office 2007)

Other email clients are available and ultimately you may have to embrace / rent

Office 365 

edited 16.04.18

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @tracle12 

The update is an ongoing security patch issue that's been patched and patched again since the latter part of 2017. Microsoft have included nominally 'unsupported' products before for serious security issues but you take a risk that they might not continue doing so.

@wgcuser  grateful thanks for your ongoing support to Community email users. Much appreciated.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer