email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2016 and web mail sychronisation issues

kmorgan
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 6

My outlook 2016 account is configured to not archive the Inbox but I find that any items left in the inbox more than a month still disappear and are not archived in Outlook. I then find these items  are left orphaned visible in webmail which I do not use so I have a large backlog of items in web mail I had to resend to myself to allow me to manage in Outlook. How can I stop these two inboxes getting out of sync? My email account is configured to use IMAP.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

Hi @kmorgan

When Outlook 2016 goes into offline mode there is a setting that, by default, is one month of emails in the inbox.

File > Account Settings > Change Account > Offline Settings > Change the setting of mail to keep offline from 1 month to All

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thank you, I have made the change and hope it does the trick.

Message 4 of 6

...let us know how you get on.  It's always great to get feedback.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 6

Yes, I can confirm that now I have waited a month that I can see that offline mail is all being correctly retained and not leaving me with orphaned copies on the webmail server. Thanks for the advice. I wasn't aware of this Outlook 2016 setting when I configured my account and my view is that Microsoft should have added this setting to the Outlook application User Toolbars since it impacts mail retention in the same way that mailbox archiving settings do. 

Message 6 of 6

Hi @kmorgan

Many thanks for taking time out to let me know that the setting for retaining all emails offline is working fine for you. I'm sure it'll help others to know there's a quick fix.

0 Likes