email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2019 constantly asking for Tiscali password

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

I'm getting asked for my talktalk email password every 30 mins or so while Outlook running. It's been going on a week or so.

It's for my incoming imap.tiscali.co.uk

No problems at all on iphone to same a/c.

Also getting "synchronising" all the time that drives me mad. Eventually no emails come or go as it's stuck synchronising. I have to close outlook and go to task manager and end task and then re-start it to clear it.

I have icloud for windows running if that helps.

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Ok thanks for posting back Richard. If you have the problem again, please confirm if webpages work at the same time. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

I daren't say it...but touch wood....hasn't happened for 5 days. I've done so much I can't say for sure what stopped it but I did a scanpst.exe that day.

But no - I didn't try ethernet - I'm 3 flights of stairs away from router.

Errors syncing stopped also  - they were very regular. And no sync issues in log.

cheers

Richard

🤞

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Do you did still get the errors if you use an ethernet cable?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Geluk
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 18

Have you tried repair?

I too get these pop ups occasionally.

Choose Account Settings > 

On the Email tab, choose your account (profile), and then choose Repair.

outlook.JPG

Message 5 of 18

WiFi

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Are you connecting to the internet using ethernet or WIFI?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

completely removed. exited outlook and even rebooted pc for belt n braces.

When I'm asked for password I notice sync log errors appear around that time.

cheers

R

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Did you remove the mailbox from Outlook or just change the settings? This has the feel of a classic Outlook corruption issue. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

just started again every 30 mins! Why has this only started in the last week or so? I've changed nothing here!

R

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

touch wood - no - not for 24 hours. 

Just the synchronisation error that eventually stops bringing mails in and if I don't exit and end task outlook and restart - I don't send or receive!

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Richard, are you still getting the login requests.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

ok. done it! And all syncing ok and folders etc back but got loggin request twice in last hour! So not fixed.

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Just building up the courage - sounds scary!

R

😬

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi richardlister, please let us know how you get on following Gondola's advice.

Ady

Message 15 of 18

OK, so not the usual reason for Outlook having trouble synchronising IMAP folders to the mailbox.

I'd try the standard fix of deleting the email account from Outlook, quitting Outlook, relaunching Outlook and then adding the tiscali email account afresh.

The tiscali IMAP email settings you need are:

Account Type  IMAP
Username username@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes
IMAP mail server host imap.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Encryption Type SSL/TLS
Authentication method Normal Password
SMTP mail server host smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Encryption Type STARTTLS
Authentication method Normal Password
My outgoing SMTP server requires authentication Yes

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 16 of 18

Not really. Just about 4 folders and an inbox that gets most items to trash then deleted after 2 months. 

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi Richard

Do you have a lot of folders / mail messages to synchronise?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes