Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Outlook & Talktalk email

2 REPLIES 2
Pepperdan
First Timer

Hi 

Since 6am this morning (time of last received email) my Outlook has been unable to connect to the talktalk.net server. I have another (work) email linked to Outlook and that has been receiving emails all day. I have managed to log on to webmail via the internet this evening and also my Samsung phone mail has been receiving the talktalk emails just not Outlook. I have checked the server settings and the password. All are correct. Is it worth deleting the account from Outlook and re-adding? Or will it just start importing them from the server when its ready???

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pepperdan 

Always worth a shot at deleting the account from Outlook closing Outlook and then relaunching and reinstating afresh. If IMAP settings are being used that's ok but if POP3 and you have downloaded mail messages to Outlook then save those before deleting the account from Outlook.

Take screenshots of the outgoing server and advanced tabs and upload here after image editing the first part of your email address.

How many characters is the password? Is it ultrastrong?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pepperdan, has Gondola helped you get it sorted? Please let us know if you still need help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.