email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook and Samsung email app no longer downloading emails

PaulTomblin
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Last week my Samsung App and outlook on the PC stopped downloading my onetel emails. Account errors keeps asking for me to input my password and then not connecting. I can still access webmail via talktalk website.

Is there a system problem? Any ideas how to resolve?

Paul

Paul
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@Ady-TalkTalk 

Yes, still cannot download emails through Outlook on the PC or the email apps on my personal or work phones. I can get into the talktalk webmail page to see my emails so the password isn't the issue.

Outlook and apps all asking for password!

Paul
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi PaulTomblin, are you still having problems with your mail clients?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 6
Yes I am a customer. On all my phones and pc it stopped downloading emails last week but I have changed nothing to cause this. I can still access via talktalk webmail site.

Not sure why it has stopped.
Paul
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Paul

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscriber customer ?  Is the onetel email address added to your customer MyAccount?

How strong is the password? Number of characters, mix of upper and lower case letters plus number(s) and optional added symbol (s)?

Have you tried setting up an email account access on another device or setting up a different email app to see if another app will work. For example setting up a Gmail app on the mobile?

The original onetel mail platform used insecure email connection. The TalkTalk Mail platform uses secure connection. Have you upgraded to SSL/TLS encryption security?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer