email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook for Android

johnnyj
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

Hi

When I send emails using Outlook for Android on my phone or tablet, they do not send but go first to the Outbox and then to Drafts; this happens from a Tiscali address and from a TalkTalk address.  No matter which device I send from, the emails in Drafts synchronise with phone, tablet and PC.  There are no problems receiving emails.  I have tried the following:

Send emails from my PC - this is okay;

Send emails from Webmail - this is okay;

Resetting the accounts - no difference:

Used both imap.talktalk.net and mail.talktalk.net settings - no difference

Deleted the accounts (on both phone and tablet at the same time), switched both the phone and the tablet off then back on and re-added the accounts - no difference;

Uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook for Android - this makes no difference;

Set up the addresses in Gmail - there is no problem sending and receiving.

I also have outlook.com and gmail.com accounts set up and they both send okay.

Is there any reason why this is happening?  Coincidentally, this happened the same day I renewed my broadband contract with TalkTalk.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thanks @fr8ys and @Ady-TalkTalk , looks like I’ll have to use another app.  I’ve actually been using Outlook for Android for a couple of years (at least) with the ‘not sending’ problem happening every now and again but could be resolved by either resetting the account or by re-entering my password (although sometimes it could be a couple of attempts/days before it was fixed); this recent occurrence has been ongoing for about a week, hence my post.

I wonder if it could be something to do with not being able to enter security details in Outlook for Android?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi johnnyj, I know Gondola has also followed the same steps as fr8ys and given up on the Outlook android app as it simply doesn't appear to work with TalkTalk mail. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

I too had this problem a few weeks ago on my tablet using Outlook.

Managed to cure it fora day by deleting and adding the account again. I did find I could send the draft from my phone or PC though. I tried adding my TalkTalk address to android on the phone and had issues there too.

I gave up and have gone to the tablets default email program (I have a Fire tablet) and have had no problems since. I use Bluemail on my phone.

I therefore think it is something within Outlook causing the problem, especially as you have tried gmail with no issues.

I will be interested to hear what the OCE says, but probably time to switch to a programme you know will work.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).