email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owner of a legacy onetel email account - account likely hacked and want to change password but can't

U6448473
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I have had a onetel email account since the 90s which I now very rarely look at. When signing into my account today I noticed something which indicated that my account has been hacked and my password compromised. I am no longer with onetel/talktalk and I can only access my onetel emails via the 'horde' login page. I cannot see any option which enables me to change my password on the various 'horde' options but I need to either change my password asap or have the account deleted. I would be most grateful if someone could please help.

Many thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

How are you getting on, have our network team been in touch?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi U6448473,

Sorry we missed you, I've asked our network team to call you again today

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9
Hi OCE_Ady, I received a call today from talktalk but unfortunately I missed the call. I tried calling back (as requested) but the number called had a standard message saying that talktalk would call me back. I am now around to take a call. Many thanks for your help.
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 9

Thanks. I've raised the fault ticket for you. Onetel mailboxes have to be reset by the mail admins so it can take a couple of days. I'd expect it to be done by Monday. If not please chase me. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Many thanks for your email.

I have added all the information into the private notes section.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have added all the information into the private notes section.

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi U6448473, I can get the password reset for you as soon as you've added the information requested in Gondola's post. Please post back to let us know it's been added. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @U6448473

The onetel email admins can set up a new password for you but there is an email ownership verification process to go through first.

Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the onetel email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the onetel email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with setting a new password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution