email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPEX POP SERVER CONNECTIONS VERY POOR

stevesurrey
Enlightened One
Message 93 of 93

All this morning I have had great difficulty checking for emails. I have 3 addresses and  at each connection attempt I'm lucky to connect for one address (a different one each time) using an email client. Getting the usual server timeouts and/or password confirmation requests. Have the servers gone away for the Bank Holiday?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
92 REPLIES 92

Message 81 of 93

I don't want to speak too soon, but, just got near instantaneous connection to all 3 of my Pipex email addresses. POP servers responded rapidly in quick succession. Hope its not a flash in the pan.

0 Likes

Message 82 of 93

Just managed to get one email message for one of my 3 addresses. First time I've been able to do that all afternoon. Its all very random and totally unreliable again. Guess we are stuck with this for rest of day until @Ady-TalkTalk picks up on it tomorrow, altho he did seem to be about earlier.

0 Likes

Message 83 of 93

Still error messages except for a few seconds just now when this message arrived:

"T2ggvsbCwgSSbtyXkga ....." etc etc for 4 lines of text. Is this worse than no message?

0 Likes

Message 84 of 93

Me too - seem to be able to send but not receive. I've 3 pipex mailboxes (one account) and at times today some have received but then not. Various error message in Outlook and login failures on Pipex Webmail. Inbox doesn't appear on TT mail for the one mailbox I have managed to set up there. 

0 Likes

Message 85 of 93

Yeah the POP server is completely dead to me now too. Cant get any succesful connection for any of my 3 addresses.

Whats up with Pipex now @Ady-TalkTalk ?

0 Likes

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter
Message 86 of 93

Yes, it's getting steadily worse. The server timeouts were intermittent earlier but now they're more or less continuous. Can't see this being fixed today. 

SoozySoo

Message 87 of 93

A new error message "Internal login failure". What next?

0 Likes

Message 88 of 93

ow unable to access the Pipex server for a couple of hours, error messages vary - encryption, timed out, and temporary authentication failure. The bottom line - Pipex is again useless.

0 Likes

Message 89 of 93

Been getting progressively worse for me as day has progressed. Barely averaging 1 out of 3 connections at each attempt and many more logon rejections aside from the usual timeouts. Not seen the 'encryption' error yet, thankfully.

This just adds insult to the injury of the longstanding sending problem.

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 90 of 93

Hi  everyone.  I've been having the same issue intermittently all day, with the 'usual' array of error messages, including the encryption type one.  I am also experiencing intermittent failures to log on to Pipex Webmail!

Regards

0 Likes

Wartling
Participant
Message 91 of 93

As well as failing to connect to the server, today I've had this error message "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified". What's this all about?

0 Likes

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter
Message 92 of 93

Same for me - loads of server timeouts. Sigh.

SoozySoo
0 Likes