email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPEX WEBMAIL ACCOUNT HACKED - 'Your account has been hacked'. Please assist!

worrynot
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi Com.Team, could you please add me to the list of folk who wish to strengthen passwords. I have also received the "account hacked" mails this week. I have created a profile and given relevant provenance.

Thanks in anticipation,

worrynot

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi iefbr14,

Thanks for your PM, I've replied

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

@Chris-TalkTalk@Ady-TalkTalk

Guys - just sent you both a PM regarding some thoughts on this issue. Hopefully you may find it useful.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi worrynot,

I've passed this on to our network team to have the password reset, this usually takes around 72 working hours

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @worrynot

It looks like almost all the blackmail scam emails simply spoof the sending email address and invent the fake allegations including that your account has been hacked.  Stay calm, worry not and above all don't respond in any way. 

It's unlikely that your pipex email account was used but if your pipex email password was weak, has been cracked or obtained from another website hacking and your email account potentially compromised as a result then it's a perfect decision to upgrade to a new ultra-strong password. 

You'll need to prove you're the registered user of the email with 5 items of personal data that only you would know.

I see you've put some details in your Community profile. Would you check you've updated the main fields with your name, address, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). And double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page (To which only you and authorised TalkTalk Community Team UK staff have access):

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. An OCE will reply here to help from Monday onwards with info about authorising the password change by the pipex email admins.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes