email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP Servers Down?

stevesurrey
Enlightened One
Message 57 of 57

Problems with email seem to be getting worse. Was fine earlier this morning but suddenly I now get immediate 'connection terminated' messages when trying to connect to POP servers for Tiscali, Pipex & Talktalk email addresses? The response is instant with no waiting trying to connect.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 21 of 57

To update on the original problem, even though mailboxes have now migrated I can still not connect with POP servers using SSL/Port 995. Only unsecured Port 110 works.

This is somewhat ironic as the new mail platform is supposedly more secure!

0 Likes

Message 22 of 57

So I got the 'Upgrade Complete' emails on all 3 of my Pipex Mailboxes this morning. However, the migration caused my email client to download afresh 170 emails going back over the past month. So I have 170 "new" messages altho they are just duplicates. Guess the migration process made them seem like new emails or something. Oh well, a lot of deleting to do!

0 Likes

Message 23 of 57

I don't have an option for Start TLS just SSL.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 57

Here's the reply: "He's checked it again, seems to be working. Ask him to disable Start TLS (if he is using POP secure 995 he doesn't need TLS)"

I'll be on leave from 11, but one of my colleagues will pick this up for you if needs be. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 25 of 57

They were all for you. I'll let them know about the pop smtp and the gmail. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 57

@Ady-TalkTalk  I am a little confused by your flurry of postings this morning. Not sure if they all meant for me but will answer them as best I can.

I use a desktop PC only.so that is where I experience the problem.

I do not have a problem sending securely. The problem has always been with POP and still cannot connect using secure settings. Only insecure Port 110.

Not having a problem sending to gmail.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 57

Just been told that you are having problems sending to Gmail though so they're looking at that for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 28 of 57

Hi, I've heard back from the email admin who has tested and has reported back that he's been able to send succesfully from your mailbox using the secure settings. 

Would you mind testing again?

Ady

Message 29 of 57

I'm asked is it working on mobile or Desktop or neither?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 30 of 57

Thanks very much. I've sent this over to the team to investigate because it definitely should be working. 

Ady

Message 31 of 57

Here are the settings I use

Username                                             primaryaddress@dsl.pipex.com
Incoming email (POP3)                       pop.dsl.pipex.com
Outgoing email (SMTP)                      smtp.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming Port (POP3) Secure           995 [FAILS TO CONNECT]
Incoming Port (POP3)                        110 [CONNECTS]
Outgoing Port Secure                         587
Secure Password Authentication      No
0 Likes

Message 32 of 57

Would you post all your settings for the email addy that's in your private notes please. I can then get it checked for you. All settings should now work for all mailboxes. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 33 of 57

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk. In the last hour I have received the 'Your new TalkTalk Mail is on its way' email on one of my mailboxes. This mailbox was always the first to get the emails so expect the other 2 will get them in next 24hrs as they did before. Don't know if this is the result of your &/or project lead action, or the system just catching up.

FYI I am still unable to connect with POP servers using SSL/Port 995. Only Port 110 works.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 57

Ok thanks for confirming that. I've asked the lead on the project to take a look and check this for you. I would say you've definitely received the same mail twice. Now I know if we see that the mail is unread we will resend it, but you've read them so the resend shouldn't happen. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 35 of 57

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

If you have multiple legacy mailboxes youwill get multiple mails one for each mailbox.

Ady

Yes I am aware of this. I have 3 Pipex mailboxes and have now received 6 emails in total - 2 to each mailbox, They arrived in 2 batches, one last week and one this week. 5 days apart. all with the same title "Good news. Your TalkTalk mail upgrade is coming".

0 Likes

Message 36 of 57

If you have multiple legacy mailboxes youwill get multiple mails one for each mailbox.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 37 of 57

They might not be very different but mine seem to be identical. Both emails are titled "Good news. Your TalkTalk mail upgrade is coming" whereas I've seen others say the second email is titled "Your new TalkTalk Mail is on its way".

0 Likes

Message 38 of 57

They're not very different. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 39 of 57

OK @Ady-TalkTalk  that sounds hopeful.

I received the second email for all my 3 mailboxes today. This seemed to be identical to the first email and I couldn't spot any 'only a few days to go' wording that others have mentioned. Is this correct?

0 Likes

Message 40 of 57

We've got a mail admin working it now. He's making some changes that I'm hoping sort this out very shortly. I believe they're just doing final testing now. 

Ady

0 Likes