email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change for migrated Pipex accounts

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 16

I have tried to change passwords for 2 pipex accounts migrated last night.

We still seem to in the impasse where the passwords can be changed on the Admin page but Webmail login still requires the old password.  I am not yet sure which password the mail servers require. 

When will this finally be properly synchronised?

15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi PeterAA, thanks for confirming the security information. I've asked the team if I need to log this as an individual fault or if this needs to go toward and group fix. Either way I'll make sure it's fixed for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi PeterAA, they think this affects a few people at the moment are looking to put in a fix as soon as possible. So that you can have a fault ticket reference although it won't get fixed any quicker I've sent you a personal message with a secure link.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 16

My password chages are still not taking effect.

Does Talktalk not care about security?

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 16

My password changes are still not taking effect.

Can someone please do something.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Thanks Ady.

How can I contact the team to discuss progress?  

Is there a reference I can use?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi PeterAA, I've passed your details onto the team for furhter investigation.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Peter

A TT Staff member will reply to you right here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 16

Thanks Gondola. 

I was hoping that they would have picked it up yesterday.  How can I tell when they have?

I am a TT broadband customer.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Peter

This topic will be picked up by TalkTalk from Monday onwards. We don't normally have the UK team supporting our Community at weekends.

Whilst I'm here, I'll ask a follow up question. Are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer for your TalkTalk home broadband service? Just double checking to make sure that the MyAccount listing the pipex primary email address is a home broadband MyAccount as a password change wouldn't work via a TTB account.

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 16

Password chages are still not taking effect.

Is anyone doing anything about this?

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 16

Hi @Gondola 

Thanks for this.

Do you have a reference for the 'fault ticket' and how can I follow it up?

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 16

Thanks.

My private notes have been updated.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi @PeterAA 

If that's the case then I'll let TalkTalk know as they'll have to raise a fault ticket to investigate why the password change isn't being updated.

Put the primary mailbox address in your Community profile private notes and indicate this is the one for which a password change isn't working.

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 16

Thanks Gondola.

The passwords I am trying to change are for primary addresses.

I have now tried to change using both methods but still have to use the original password to get into webmail - where I can then see a new message claiming that the password had been changed!

The synchronisation is clearly still not working.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @PeterAA 

If the email address listed in your MyAccount is the primary mailbox address (not an alias address) then you can change the password in your MyAccount or by using the Forgotten password button in the Changing your email password help page.

The password for a primary mailbox login is synchronised to be the same as the password for an alias login. You cannot make those different.