email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset

JImbo726
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

I've been having an ongoing issue regarding resetting my My Account and Webmail passwords.

When I try to reset my Webmail password, I'm told to do it via My Account.  And when I try to reset my My Account password, I keep being told that it's incorrect.

I've been in constant contact with the TalkTalk Twitter team who've referred me here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Ady,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  Thank you so much for your continued assistance, but I'm still having trouble.

Any further help will be gratefully received.

Once again, thank you very much.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

I've sent another chaser to the group who should be able to fix this. It seems to have fallen in the cracks once I've passed it over. If I get no response this time I think we'll have to pass it to the CEO team. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

OK, thank you.

Just for your information, I use my Talk Talk e-mail address and password for certain retail sites.  The password I use is a 9 letter one.  This is the same password I used when I first set up my Talk Talk account.  These details still work for these sites.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

I'm sorry this still isn't sorted. I've sent yet another chaser to the mail team to sort this out. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

OK, thank you.  On top of everything else, this is costing me £2 per month as I wish to convert to paperless statements which can only be done via My Account.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi JImbo726, I've picked this up with the team again. I'll have to raise a fault ticket now, but that will only help. 

Ady

Message 7 of 18

I'll re-escalate this for @Ady-TalkTalk's attention,  @JImbo726. By now the thread might not be in the workflow.  Staff are currently replying during the week, from Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 8 of 18
Hi Ady,

Sorry for not being here for some time.

Thank you for looking into this for me, much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you in due course.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Thanks for confirming the security information. I've checked and somehow your email address has been deleted. Technically and from a design process that's not possible. 

I've asked the project manager, product manager and the email managers to investigate. I'll post back once I've had a reply. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

I've sent you a PM with a security link. Please answer all the questions in the link.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

I'm getting your PMs enabled once they are I'll send you a message to verify security information for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi Ady,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I've checked my TalkTalk e-mail address against the link sent to me in the previous post and it no longer exists.  So it looks like the reason I can't change my password is that my e-mail is no longer valid.

Not too sure about how to confirm my community account, but hope the details I've given you would be enough to set about getting my e-mail changed.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for veryifying.  I've just checked against the link you posted and the e-mail address cannot be found.  Looks very much like changing my e-mail address is all that's needed.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 18

Hi JImbo726, based on that I'd say that email address is no longer valid. If you want me to check the database for you. Please verify your community account and in the meantime I'll get PMs enabled on your account so that I can send you a PM.

Ady

Message 15 of 18

Hi JImbo726 

When I try to reset my Webmail password, I get a red lined box telling me that the mailbox associated with my e-mail has been permanently deleted due to inactivity.

The message is definitive and tells you that the email address has been deleted. However, this situation is normally detected at step one of the password reset journey.

Reset your password 1 - mailbox permanently deleted.png

So, there's something odd happening.

Enter the email address at https://www.verifyemailaddress.org to see if that confirms the address is valid.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 16 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It is a TalkTalk domain.  I have tried many times in the past changing my password via the link you sent.  I can't ask for a reset to be sent to the TalkTalk e-mail as I can't access it, so I ask for a mobile response.  I then receive a 6 digit text which I enter, after which I'm asked to reset my password.

When I try to reset my Webmail password, I get a red lined box telling me that the mailbox associated with my e-mail has been permanently deleted due to inactivity.

When I try to reset My Account password, I change it then try to access it using it only to be told that my e-mail address or password is incorrect.

I use the same password, adhering to all the criteria, upper and lower case letters, digits and symbols.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @JImbo726 

What's the email domain - the bit after the @ in the email address?  Is the email address also used as the MyAccount login?

If the mailbox is on the TalkTalk Mail platform then here's the advice page for changing your email password.  Select the forgotten password button.

That'll indicate whether you've set up password recovery Reset details because if you have then there will be more than one option, including:

• A reset sent direct to the mailbox
    ok if you just want to change the password and can sign in to the mailbox
  • A reset sent to a mobile number
  • A reset sent to an alternate email address

If you have set up Reset details then just make sure you recognise the mobile and alternate email address from the hints. If all looks ok and you have access to either then carry out the password change.

If the email address is also used as the MyAccount login then you'll see an advisory that the MyAccount password will also be changed so that both passwords are the same.

Let us know how you get on or if Reset details are either not set up or not recognised.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution