email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords

watercolour
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

Why does talktalk email logins continually reject correctly entered passwords? I use Keychain on my iMac (and have done for years).  Talktalk regularly gives an error message rejecting correct passwords which are saved in the Keychain system.  Sometimes this reovers and after several attempts accepts but on occassions I have to change the password to make it accept.

This is very frustrating.  Keychain is pretty bullet proof and WiFi signal is fine.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Ady-TalkTalk 

I wouldn't go so far as to say Gondola has a handle on what's happening with the MacMail keychain - just offering some troubleshooting steps essentially to check that the TalkTalk Mail server is not rejecting a valid password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi watercolour, it seems Gondola has a handle on this so I'll leave you in this very safe pair of hands.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi watercolour 

I think we've gone over this before so let's do a bit of definitive troubleshooting.

Set up a browser with webmail access side by side with the Mac Mail client.

At the same time as you get a password error with MacMail do a sign in to TalkTalk Mail. It's the same password and the browser is connecting to the mailbox as an IMAP client.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

What error do you get when signing in to the mailbox and sending mail to test-mail@talkalk.net - you'll see the mail send and an auto-response come back into the Inbox.

In each case:

• What error message do you see with MacMail send and receive?
  • What error message do you see with webmail send and receive?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes