email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently Deleting An Email Address

Animal_Freeride
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi All, 

I currently have two email addresses linked to my Talktalk Webmail account however can someone advise how to permanently delete a Talktalk email address to a point that if someone tried to send an email, it would simply bounce back.

I have checked the help guide which states the following:

1. First, you’ll need to login to My Account
  2. Go to My Services in the top toolbar, then choose Manage TalkTalk Mail
  3. Now you’ll see your active email addresses. To permanently delete any of your addresses, choose the Delete button next to your chosen email address
  4. A warning message will appear; select Delete forever to remove the account

However I only have access to email via Webmail and don’t have an Talktalk account?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi @Animal_Freeride 

You need to be a TalkTalk Consumer customer with TalkTalk home broadband or MailPlus (mail only subscription) linked to a TalkTalk MyAccount to be able to delete a mailbox via MyAccount.

You do still have the right to request deletion because you have the right to erasure under the GDPR.  Your data rights is the advice you need. Just scroll down to the section called The right to be forgotten / right to erasure. The TalkTalk Data Protection team will take your instructions for deletion. They'll need 5 items to positively identify you and that you are linked to the email address.

Let us know how you get on.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes