email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Dial password change please

Gollom
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 14

Hiya - Steve Tustin here 

I have a Pipex Dial account which I've had for many years (since Noah were a boy!) - I'm gradually "retiring" it, but that takes time.

Been getting scam emails but the troubling thing is that they are correctly telling me what the password is! I used Chat but the agent just did not understand what I was asking - promised I'd have a callback but of course, nothing!

I would simply like the Pipex Dial password changing please - I have added the relevant email account address and my new outlook email address to my personal information

Many thanks - hope you are all well!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Steve, that's great thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. Oh no, they're so heavy how do you get it round the country?????? I'll never be rid of the rust. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gollom
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 14

Spot on - they just called and password all reset. Thanks very much Ady and I hope you got rid of all that rust! (We have a static now.... LOL)

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 14

I've sent a chaser over for you this morning Steve. I'd hope you hear before lunch. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gollom
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 14

Could someone chase this please as I have not heard anything back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 14

We're all well Steve thanks. I hope you're camper isn't getting lonely while you're still not retired. 

0 Likes

Gollom
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 14

Cheers!

Hope all is well with you and the team!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Steve, Pipex tickets have to go to the email admins this means it can take 3-5 working days. They have been doing them quicker but not in all cases. If you don't hear anything by Friday post back to chase me. 

Message 8 of 14

Hi Steve, I've been reassured several times that this isn't a hack on TalkTalk systems. They're saying the password may well have been hacked but it must be from elsewhere. I'll pass on your comments while we get your password reset for you. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

...well, if the password is weak and easily cracked then you may be right and your pipex login is compromised.

Is there any evidence of sent emails (in the Sent folder) not sent by you?  Anything in the Trash / Deleted folder not deleted by you? 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gollom
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 14

The existing password is definitively not used elsewhere (it is a very insecure password being just text so there is no way I'd use it for anything else) my system is very "clean" and my WiFi is secure.

Don't want to get into a debate, but there are too many people with the same issue in the last month or so for it to be a coincidence. The multiple scam emails have my password exactly right, so something is going on

Thanks

0 Likes

Gollom
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 14

Already done - thanks

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 14

Hi Steve Tustin aka Gollum.

All good here. Hope you're ok as well.

The worrying thing about the password being correctly quoted in the scammers' email(s) is that the security team believe there's no compromised pipex email accounts.  This means that the scammers spoofing your email address have obtained the password from another site where the same password has been used.  Either that or by wi-fi eavesdropping on insecure hot-spots or by keylogger malware. You'd be well advised to scan all your devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software just to be sure they're clean.

I'd recommend changing to unique ultra-strong passwords never re-used anywhere. You may be able to find out where your login has been discovered by checking the haveibeenpwned website for your pipex email address.

In terms of getting a pipex email password change, my apologies for repeating what you've read elsewhere but just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community support team will verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with authorising a password change by the pipex email admins.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gollom
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 14

I have also added the information requested by you to others

0 Likes