email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Email not working

Pipex-user
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 16

Good morning.
We have had issues with emails since 11th September, not able to receive or send from iPhones or Mac for multiple Pipex accounts.

Can log into Wemail and am receiving here but now cannot send. I’ve checked all settings on our phones and they are correct in terms of the imap details on the TalkTalk website. Our Mac is set up as Pop3. We’ve had the second of three upgrade mails but I can’t read the last one I had as it doesn’t render in Wemail. Any help greatly appreciated, thank you

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 16

Hi @Pipex-user 

You should be able to send in pipex webmail.

I'm thinking that if the email admins have aligned the pipex mailboxes as required for the migration to TalkTalk Mail then you'll need to sign in to the primary mailbox address to be fully authenticated for sending mail.

Would you try that please. i.e. sign in to pipex webmail at: https://netmail.pipex.net/index-ttb.php to the primary email address that was originally assigned by pipex and probably mentioned in the first mail message from TalkTalk.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 16

Hi Gondola,

I’ve have logged into the primary address and then one of the others via webmail and now am able to send messages. Many thanks.

Any ideas regarding the device mails, when sending I get username or password is incorrect for smtp.dsl.pipex.com. Receiving times out and just says multiple account errors on my phone (I have three accounts set up on my phone). TIA.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Pipex-user 

In theory, receiving ought to be ok for mail sent to your alias email address because an alias email address should be recognised and accepted for delivery to the primary mailbox.

Can you set up an email account on the phone for a primary mailbox?

Message 5 of 16

Hi Gondola,

I tried to setup the primary account on my phone but as I put the settings in it either says Primary (the account description) or smtp.dsl.pipex.com is unavailable.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

From what I can gather it seems to be passwords that are the problem.

Do they need to be reset or follow a new format such as a particular length, capitals and numbers?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Pipex-user 

When the upgrade is finalised then you'll be able to login to TalkTalk Mail to each primary mailbox address.

Prior to the upgrade users are requested to set up password recovery Reset details for each primary pipex mailbox. i.e. adding an alternate active email address and mobile 'phone number to receive a reset link by email or a reset code by text message.

Updating your reset details is via the main settings menu on the top right of the header bar when signed in to the TalkTalk Mail mailbox.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Having password recovery reset details up to date enables a user to change the email password using the forgotten password button.

There are guidelines to the password rules that can be presented during the password change. These are minimum requirements. I recommend 12-15 multicase letters, numbers and a symbol formed from a unique, never before used, memorable words base. If memorising passwords isn't your thing then a password manager like the one that comes with TalkTalk Online Defence (SuperSafe) is an option.

Message 8 of 16

Hi Pipex-user,

How are you getting on, has Gondola's advice helped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Chris,

All the password recovery steps are done, but not sure how I get to the screen where you can change your password as I just get redirected to the old Pipex webmail logon at the moment.

Talking of which we have not had any emails since Friday morning arriving at the webmail accounts, (none to devices like phones since the 11th).

Ive checked the service status link that have been posted in other threads and it says the issue is fixed, but not for our accounts it seems. Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Pipex-user 

Just to say I've escalated to OCE_Ady just to check if the only thing missing is the sign in authentication to your primary mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hey Pipex user, 

The recovery details wont take affect until you've been migrated onto the new mail platform, if you're being redirected back then your not migrated yet, i've just checked and can confirm you're mailbox has not been migrated yet. 

The earlier issues accessing mail appear to be resolved now so you should be able to access the legacy mail. If needed we can help with a password reset for your mailbox but we'll need some more info, if you could reply to the pm ive sent we can take a look. 

I'm also just trying to get a date when your mailbox will be migrated, if it's immanent then it may be better to just wait, if you could reply to the PM ive sent and i'll confirm if i can get a migration date. 

Stephen
Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hey  Pipex-user,

Just had confirmation that your account will be migrated by the 30th of this month, I've also requested that your mailbox get migrated tonight. No guarantee on this but fingers crossed. We can help with a password reset but it can take up to five days however by that point you'll be migrated to the new platform and be able to manage your own password. 

Are you happy to wait till the migration? 

Stephen
Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Stephen, thanks for the update. Happy to wait until I’m migrated to then see if I still have any password issues.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Cool, also Just had confirmation you'll be included in tonight's batch, give it till tomorrow then you should be able to recover via the recovery process. 

Thanks 

Stephen
Community Manager

Message 15 of 16

Good morning, my mail account that I use for most mails has been migrated, thank you. Can login fine via the webmail app, so have applied the suggested iPhone mail settings but they don’t seem to work.

Any pointers or do I need to delete and re-add?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 16

Hi Pipex-user, it may be worth removing and readding the mail account to ensure all the settings are correct. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes