email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 369 of 369

Emails from my Pipex account are not being received by the recipients. Some of them get through, some are not, seems a little random.

They all appear to send ok, but simply do not arrive.

I have the same issue whether using Webmail or the client on my PC.

I have sent a test email to a Hotmail account I have and it just doesn't arrive.

I can receive as normal.

I have got a bounce back from a few mails - Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

This is a new problem, only just started in the last day or two. Thank you.

368 REPLIES 368

Message 321 of 369

Hi @cavedweller 

Some questions for you to see if it's a typical authentication issue or something else.

Are you a TalkTalk broadband customer and

Are you sending via pipex webmail or an email client or app?

If using an email client what port is used for sending and what authentication setting is used?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

cavedweller
Chat Champion
Message 322 of 369

This has been happening with me too since Monday 10th June.
Sent an email to 20 people - 4 were returned after 13.9hrs with "maximum retry queue age reached"
2 to yahoo.com
2 to Aol.com
all the others hopefully got there??

My wife uses Pipex as well and sent an important email to an Hotmail address this morning and hasn't been received by 4pm and no "maximum retry age reached" yet but no doubt this will be tomorrow before TalkTalk tell me it hasn't got there. Good job we both have dropbox and can send information a different route but WHY do TALKTALK have so many problems with the bread and butter email service?

Troglodyte
0 Likes

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 323 of 369

TalkTalk e-mail is seen as a free service so has low priority unfortunately, issues can take weeks (or months) to fix, as you will see from some of the threads.

0 Likes

Message 324 of 369

Thank you for adding you problem onto the thread too. The more the merrier, as it adds weight towards hopefully having the issue fixed.

0 Likes

Message 325 of 369

Hi, 

Sorry, I'm new to this. I've created a new thread with the domain information you requested.

0 Likes

Message 326 of 369

Hi PipexUser60, please start your own thread make sure you've got your landline, mobile and the affected email address in your profile. Is it always a certain email domain that isn't receiving your mail?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PipexUser60
Popular Poster
Message 327 of 369

I have been having the same problem intermittently for some time. I tried explaining the issue using Chat several times but got nowhere. I'm using Mail on an iMac and have checked the mailbox settings. 

Examples

Sent a message on 10 June to 9 recipients, got an undelivered message from one of them 'Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached'.

Sent a message on 14 June to 1 recipient (also included in the message on 10 June but then apparently successfully delivered), got an undelivered message 'Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached'. 

0 Likes

Message 328 of 369

Thanks very much, give them a kicking 🙂

0 Likes

Message 329 of 369

I've already sent the chaser so I'll post back once I hear anything for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 330 of 369

Has any progress be made on this fault please.

As I use different computers at different locations Webmail is a very important tool for me, as I'm sure it is for many others.

But only when it works.

0 Likes

Message 331 of 369

Have they said anything then Ady please?

I seem to be able to send to 'most' addresses although they can take an hour or two to receive. Sky emails are still not arriving.

0 Likes

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 332 of 369

It isn't unusual for these issues to take weeks or months for TalkTalk to sort out unfortunately.

0 Likes

Message 333 of 369

You're welcome.

0 Likes

Message 334 of 369

Appreciated, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 335 of 369

I'll keep chasing it up.

0 Likes

Message 336 of 369

Thanks, it sort of started working except for those being sent to Sky addresses.

But now it seems that non are being sent at all again.

0 Likes

Message 337 of 369

We're still chasing this. There have been no updates and my colleague has confirmed that we're chasing constantly. 

0 Likes

Message 338 of 369

Okey doke, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 339 of 369

I've heard nothing yet. I've asked for updates from the team this morning. I'll post back as soon as I hear anything. 

0 Likes

Message 340 of 369

What did they say about this fault yesterday please Ady?

0 Likes