email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 369 of 369

Emails from my Pipex account are not being received by the recipients. Some of them get through, some are not, seems a little random.

They all appear to send ok, but simply do not arrive.

I have the same issue whether using Webmail or the client on my PC.

I have sent a test email to a Hotmail account I have and it just doesn't arrive.

I can receive as normal.

I have got a bounce back from a few mails - Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

This is a new problem, only just started in the last day or two. Thank you.

368 REPLIES 368

Message 1 of 369

Hi everyone. It has been explained to me from Ady in support, that this older thread is not highlighted to them due to it's age, even though the fault is still ongoing.

Therefore I have started a new thread entitled Pipex - Emails Not Sending - Revised.

Please post in the new one of your ongoing issues in the hope that support will jump in and we can have it finally fixed.

Thanks.

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 369

I am now, intermittently, getting this problem - I have to reload my email "box" a couple of time before it works, or I have to log right out, wait sever minutes & then retry - when it USUALLY works.

NOT good enough

0 Likes

Message 3 of 369

so ...sent 3 emails yesterday to the same gmail account. email in morning has bounced back "maximum retry..." email in early evening was delivered after approx. 2 hours! email in late evening was delivered almost immediately. I haven't posted recently cos I just became disillusioned even @Ady-TalkTalk has disappeared.

The good news is that my talktalk broadband contract is up for renewal. The question is do I stay or do I go?

Troglodyte
0 Likes

Message 4 of 369

Not finding / unable to connect to smtp servers again tonight so frustrating and no feedback about what problems are or what is being done.

have also got problems tonight with only partially downloading some message contents and clicking link to download remains content doesn’t work.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 369

I don't think they are killing us off, that would be pointless and bad business sense due to loss revenue of course.

But, I do believe we have low priority with being in a possible minority, which again is proper business sense, you look after your main source of income first.

However, I do think at some point that all of us Pipex users will be brought in with the masses, and/or shown as much attention as the main mob. Don't forget though, that there are other legacy groups even smaller than us who must also be suffering, and perhaps much worse.

Just to report -

My mails are still going to Gmail as they should.

And that goes for Sky too, all still currently ok.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 369

Yes, it's very clear indeed that TalkTalk are deliberately killing off the Pipex email service.

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 369

Are "THEY" deliberately trying to drive us away?
Beginning to look like it.

HOW does one start legal proceedings against these clowns?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 369
Me to ,I have an unsent mail in my outbox as I type this, doubt this will go, as well
TerryB
0 Likes

Message 9 of 369

Can confirm I have had the same issue over the weekend and have an email in my outbox awaiting as I type this.

TerryB
0 Likes

Message 10 of 369

I have had similar messages since the weekend, mail sits in outbox for hours then suddenly works.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 369

I got this response trying to send a message this evening. First time I've encountered it.

The host 'smtp.dsl.pipex.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Its commonly the POP one that disappears or doesnt respond, not the outgoing one.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 12 of 369

Cannot send anything to anyone today - cannot connect to smtp server, what on earth is going on.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 13 of 369

Hi @GregTingey This is all quite bizarre.  I had all sorts of issues trying to send to Gmail addresses over the weekend.  They all went direct to the relevant Inbox, but with hours of delay in doing so.  However, this morning, I have sent a couple which have arrived safely almost immediately.  

I still don't seem to have any effective connectivity with Sky.com, AOL and btinternet.  I am also suffering from a few timeouts on Outlook this morning, and (as from last Friday and all over the weekend) logging onto Webmail has repeatedly failed.  It typically takes (on both Android and Windows 10) 2-3 attempts before I can log on.

Regards

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 369

Just discovered that two messages to a gmail address have sunk without trace …..

0 Likes

Message 15 of 369

Hi 

exactly the message I am getting - found emails where I have been monitoring do go eventually - sometimes as much as 10 hours later 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 369

CD95C509-4D90-47C7-BA36-5D5B5DD69996.jpeg

0 Likes

glassman999
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 369

In addition to ongoing problems with gmail, aol etc I today am getting cannot connect to smtp servers. It works sometimes but not always

0 Likes

Message 18 of 369

Just to add to the conversation I am a long-standing dial pipex account user I have started to see problems only over the last 4 or 5 days  during the last few months with error messages stating cannot connect to out going smtpserver. It is intermittent with success either by leaving the thing alone or by repeated attempts resending from the outbox 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 369

I think the team at Pipex who print out our emails and attach them to pigeons to send them off for us have gone on a go-slow.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 20 of 369

Back to pipex not sending. Initially said mail servers not found. Then 30minutes later sent to gmail but never arrived. This is absolutely abysmal, we are going backwards on this problem.

have talktalk given up

0 Likes