email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 369 of 369

Emails from my Pipex account are not being received by the recipients. Some of them get through, some are not, seems a little random.

They all appear to send ok, but simply do not arrive.

I have the same issue whether using Webmail or the client on my PC.

I have sent a test email to a Hotmail account I have and it just doesn't arrive.

I can receive as normal.

I have got a bounce back from a few mails - Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

This is a new problem, only just started in the last day or two. Thank you.

368 REPLIES 368

Message 61 of 369

That had also occurred to me @pbar100. However at some point I just have to stop banging my head against a brick wall in order for the pain to stop. 

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 62 of 369

I fear that we are all playing right into their hands - All of us loyal trusted Pipex users jumping ship would make the life of TalkTalk Support far easier.

0 Likes

Message 63 of 369

I concur with the comments of @Muddymedic  and @Janmac and also appreciate the help given by @Ady-TalkTalk .But that is no longer enough.

It took the email admins several weeks to come up with an answer and its now almost 3 weeks since the 'fix' was applied yet the problem is still not fully resolved. Despite all the unpaid hours of user testing undertaken by TalkTalk's customers we seldom get any proper feedback other than 'its being investigated'. 

I have absolutely no confidence using the Pipex email service and must, reluctantly, conclude I have to change to another provider which will involve yet more time wasted owing to TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 64 of 369
I too have become tired of this time wasting exercise. I and my contacts are fed up of my test emails - one day something works, the next it doesn't. Emails sent via my Homecall account have now become so unreliable that I can no longer continue trying to use it to communicate with my many regular contacts with whom I need to arrange meetings and plan events. I now intend to use an alternative address and will explore other providers. Thank you to all the contributors who have been providing the results of their test emails. Also to OCE_Ady - your job must be very frustrating.
Janmac is signing off - for the time being at least!!
0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 65 of 369

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk . I very much appreciate how much effort you're putting into all this, over several weeks, but nothing heard again today.  You are being let down here (and so are we). There is little credibility in this means of pursuing issues anymore.  I have no intention of providing any more feedback on connectivity on a regular basis from here on in.  I will only send you any further messages if I experience any future problems (which is regrettably my expectation).  The residual goodwill of my addressees, and now at least one of your users, has been expended. Good effort - as an 'organisation' and 'provider', you've worn me down!

I'm afraid that I will now pursue this rather more formally through TT's Complaints Procedures, although previous attempts at doing so for other issues were less than satisfactory in their resolution...but I'm a trier!

Another day wasted in Pipex Community-land....but no more.  Sorry (but not much!).

Regards

Message 66 of 369

Ok thanks for the feedback I'll ask the team and post back.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 67 of 369

My email testing results for Monday are:-

Gmail - delivered to Inbox (hopefully this is now fixed)

Hotmail - delivered as spam

Yahoo - delayed but delivered

Nearly 3 weeks after the 'fix' I have yet to see any change whatsoever in the way Hotmail treats messages from Pipex.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 68 of 369

Thanks for keeping us updated pbar100. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 69 of 369

For what it's worth -

Mails sent to Gmail are still going into Spam folder.

Mails sent to AOL talking ages to arrive.

Sending from Webmail still.

0 Likes

Message 70 of 369

I've already sent a chaser this morning to try and pull the information about what's still causing this. I suspect it's down to the receving ISP rate limiting us, but I've asked. 

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 71 of 369

Emails to Gmail seem to be working well now, as are those to Talk21.com (Yahoo). Thank you. However,  I tried to send an email to a Sky.com address over the weekend, and it was never received (even as Spam).  Now into the third week post-'fix' (and the original problem predates that by several weeks), and we are still waiting for this to be resolved, or even to receive any recent feedback.

I'll leave that without comment (as it seems to make little difference to the process), except to say that TT's analysis of 'success' in resolving this issue clearly doesn't match mine.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 72 of 369

My email testing results for Saturday are:-

Gmail - delivered to Inbox (4 days running so hopefully this is now fixed)

Yahoo - delivered late

I also know I successfully sent an email to AOL today.

2.5 weeks after the fix I can now see there has been some success with Gmail and a little progress with Yahoo (and perhaps AOL) but still not reliably so. There has however been no change with Hotmail throughout.

0 Likes

Message 73 of 369

I'll keep chasing for updates for you. 

0 Likes

Message 74 of 369

My email testing results today are:-

Gmail - delivered to Inbox (3 days running!)

Yahoo - not delivered (yet) 

Yesterday's test message to Yahoo took 11 hours to arrive!

I suspect AOL messages are still not being delivered but my test subject is fed up being a guinea pig.

0 Likes

Message 75 of 369

There's not. I just can't get a reply at the moment. I don't know why as they're normally cooperative. 

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 76 of 369

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk Thanks for all these undertakings to keep 'us' informed re: migration. There seems to be little point in any of us raising this, again, as it clearly makes no difference to the process.  I would have acknowledged this before....but I've had no broadband at all overnight and this morning, and it has only just been restored! Happy days.

I take that there is still no 'new' news about the email connectivity issues?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 77 of 369

I've still not been given a date for the start of the migration of pipex, homecall, homechoice and onetel customers. You'll get mails in the lead up to migration giving you details of when it will take place and what to expect. As soon as the project announces the date of commencement I'll let you know. I'm on the calls every week and will know as soon as the migration is given the go ahead.

0 Likes

Message 78 of 369

Yes @Muddymedic  it was throughout this afternoon that the old familiar Pipex POP problems resurfaced. Thankfully service has normalised (whatever normal is for Pipex email) this evening.

We certainly do need a definite timetable for the move to the new email platform. As you say its in the interests of all parties for this to be completed ASAP, not least TalkTalk's long suffering paying customers. 

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 79 of 369

Hi @stevesurrey I have also have intermittent POP issues today, especially this afternoon, with the 'usual' errors such as 0x8004210E and 0x800CCC1A.  However, all seems ok this evening.

Re: your comments on migration, you will be aware that I have raised this repeatedly. @Ady-TalkTalk has stated that we can expect this 'soon', but it would be really good to get this tied down a bit more accurately in terms of a target time.  Surely, it HAS to be in the interest of both TT and their long-suffering Pipex users to get this sorted out now.  The timeline to resolve the most recent issue is now quite ridiculous, and we don't seem to have any resolution in sight.

As an aside, I can today send directly and rapidly to Gmail, Pipex and Talk21.com addresses (thank you).  I have to say, though, that my contacts who use other domains such as Sky.com, BTinternet, Yahoo and Hotmail are thoroughly fed up with me asking them to check my email connectivity all the time, and have now refused to continue to do so. I'm sorry, but you can't keep on relying on those already affected to maintain this effort.  Are TT/Pipex Email Admins/Techs not testing this themselves (as they obviously 'own' the problem and its resolution) as part of their intervention, as opposed to burdening Users?  I know this has been asked before, but I'd like to see some sort of explanation, please.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 80 of 369

Sending to g mail still ok

sending to AOL fails all the time, doesn’t get to recipients inbox or spam

0 Likes