email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex - Mail Service Much Better Of Late

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 17 of 17

Just wanted to mention that the Pipex Mail service has been far better lately. All day long reliability.

Webmail far better too, been able to use it at any time of the day now.

The odd sent mail seems to still disappear and I still welcome the migration. But on the whole, far better at the moment.

16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Thanks. Seen it, and replied already.

Message 2 of 17

Hi pbar100, I've replied to your other thread. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 17

Thanks. Since starting this thread unfortunately, I have lost all access to Webmail. Is there a fault with it currently do u know please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll see if I can find out anything for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Hi  Everything was pretty good this morning, but this afternoon I have had repeated time-outs and various error messages in POP.  Webmail is unaffected.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Getting repeated errors now. At least one error across any of my 3 Pipex addresses each time my email client tries to connect (every 15 minutes).

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 17

I've been getting a lot of server timeout messages today

SoozySoo
0 Likes

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 17

I had the same message as in the final two lines of the previous post. When I re-entered my password, I received emails if there were any in the queue.

Pal353
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

They seemed fine earlier today but just checked for mail now and the servers were very slow to respond and got an outright failure on one address

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com',

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Are you still getting drop outs today? If you are I'll get the incident process moving.

Message 11 of 17

Timeouts &/or disconnects with Pipex POP servers got more frequent as day progressed. For instance, at 6.30pm,  2 out of my 3 Pipex addresses had failures. I hope this is not a bad sign .... again!

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 17

@Ady-TalkTalk My experiences today very much those of @stevesurrey: I have had timeouts etc at intervals all day again today, but these resolve after two or three attempts to access emails.  Regards

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

I have had several timeouts & disconnects throughout the day. Nothing like as frequent or constant as they have been but noticeable nevertheless. Usually get a successful connection at next attempt so not yet a PITA, but neither is it as good as it had been until @pbar100 started this thread! Clearly hes a jinx.  

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 17

Are you still having problems today? 

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Hi @pbar100 I think you may have spoken/posted too soon.  I've been having repeated time-outs and 'typical' error messages on POP throughout the afternoon.  

0 Likes

Terry953
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 17
Lost Hotmail posts over the last couple of weeks. They don’t get there when I originate, but if I reply or I use a website’s server the go. Still work in progress as far a I’m concerned.
TerryB
0 Likes