email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex POP Email Problems

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 52 of 52

Good morning,  This was all working fine up until about 0930, when POP email became slow to load, and I've been receiving the 'usual' error messages (Time Outs, and Temporary Authentication Failures) since.  I cannot log in at all at the moment.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues, which haven't affected me for some weeks now, prior to today?  Are there any known issues with Pipex POP email at the moment?  If so, can an estimate please be given for a solution?  Many thanks.

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51

Message 1 of 52

Hi AJohnR

Receiving emails sent to domain at present here but we've been here before so I'm not confident it will be a permanent fix.

It seems to be that a spammer will never forget your e-mail address, no matter how many times the address gets rejected.

Customers are a different matter and I think many get bored and drift away if they can't contact you.

Good luck with it AjohnR & everyone affected!

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes

Message 2 of 52
Hi BigChesse etc.

Yes I agree. It seems to be one thing after another. I remember a couple of major problems in the Pipex and also Tiscali days (affecting many users) so I'm surprised with myself that I've stuck with it for so long.

For now though, I'm pleased to say the pointing appears to be working again as the junk mail has started reappearing. This means my business customers won't have to remember to use the default address.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 52

Hi AJohnR

The excellent, helpful & conscientious OCE_Ady tells me I'm not really in the right place here as I'm a "business" customer and that this is a "residential" forum

However, I'd just like to mention at this point that I've been paying Talk Talk £245.00 pa (for more than a decade) for "domain services" and I'm told "Due to the age of the system, we can't provide an estimated resolution time at the moment."

I just can't understand why someone hasn't simply dealt with this, migrated "legacy" accounts years ago and saved a lot of people a lot of bother 😞

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes

AJohnR
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 52

Here is the message I got, which was less optimistic than the one above.

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting the TalkTalk Business Customer Services Team.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Pipex server email.

Unfortunately at the moment we are experiencing a technical fault that is preventing customers from using their emails correctly This issue is ongoing and regrettably we have not been given a date for resolution.

As this is an old legacy product we can only offer limited support for this email type and you may wish to look into an alternative and more contemporary solution.

I appreciate that this is frustrating and I apologise for the inconvenience.

If you should have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

(name supplied)
SME Customer Service | TalkTalk Business

0 Likes

Message 5 of 52

Dear OCE_Ady

FWIW, here's the twitter DM I got on 2nd Jan:

Hello Stephen, thanks for getting in touch. We apologise sincerely for the issues affecting your e-mails and the time taken to provide a response. We're experiencing an incident at the moment affecting a small proportion of customers who have the legacy Pipex Business e-mail system together with their own custom domain name. E-mails sent to your main pipex.com address are received, but e-mails sent to .co.uk aren't diverted to your Pipex inbox. We're doing our best to resolve this as soon as we can, and it's our highest priority to ensure that normal e-mail functionality is resolved. Customer services are presently awaiting an update from our network systems department regarding the outage. Due to the age of the system, we can't provide an estimated resolution time at the moment.

We understand if you wish to migrate your domain or e-mail services to another provider to restore e-mails quickly. If this is the case, please e-mail us from your alternate e-mail address listed on your account to domainadmin@talktalkbusiness.co.uk with the IPS tag of a new domain registar.

Otherwise, we will ensure to provide further information regarding this issue as soon as we have an update from our networking team.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 52

Would you be kind enough to send that in a Personal Message for me please. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

AJohnR
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 52

I'm sorry Andy I didn't realise it was me you were asking. My fault!

I'd had an email from technical help regarding the pointing (from my publicised email address via Uunet) into my Pipe mailbox, in which they acknowledged it wasn't working due to a TalkTalk problem. I could paste the text if you like but they were virtually telling me not to wait in hope and perhaps go elswhere. I've given my business customers the default email address with the Pipex domain as a get-around because directly addressed emails aren't a problem. 

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 52

Fully understand and no issues, it was a good example to use because as I previously pointed out I was struggling to follow what was what, so can only image how hard it gets sometimes for you guys when we all chip in with different requests under the same post.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 52

Don't misunderstand that wasn't a dig at anyone, it just seemed like a good time to mention it.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 52

@Ady-TalkTalk

Thank you for confirming that and take the point about multiple questions under one discussion, so with that in mind I will start a new one to ask about the forthcoming server for ex Pipex users.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 52

I was asking AJohnR originally. This is the problem of multiple issues posted in a single thread. However I'll answer anyway. Pipex mail won't specifically be moved en masse all mailboxes will be moved in time and you'll have received emails to the mailbox indicating that it's going to be moved and when. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 52

No, I've heard nothing. But about an hour ago all the emails disappeared from the inbox on my iPad and my husband's laptop - we share the same email address - and have now reappeared. Does this mean something has already happened? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 52

I was about to ask the same question, is there a plan for migration for all pipex e-mail customers?

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 52

Daft question, is this "Mailbox Migration" to do with a specific user issue or is it the start of moving  Ex Pipex Customers over to the new system, the reason for asking is I've had trouble following the latter part of this discussion and couldn't work out what's going on.

And a Happy New Year to all.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 52

Ok thanks for letting me know. I'm sure you won't have much longer to wait.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 16 of 52

Hi OCE_Ady  Happy New Year.  I have not receoved any notifications for mailbox migration as of this morning.  Regards

0 Likes

Message 17 of 52

Have you received any notifications to tell you that you're mailbox is going to be migrated?

0 Likes

AJohnR
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 52

Sorry Andy, I didn't spot you message just now. But thanks anyway. You'll see I've already had it looked into. It doesn't look promising.

0 Likes

AJohnR
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 52

Regarding my email pointing problem. I contacted techincal support. They have acknowledged that there is in some instances a problem pointing a familiar looking email address to a legacy pipex mailbox, and didn't appear particularly hopeful in getting it sorted. I think I need to go elswhere.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 52

Hi AJohnR, please start a new thread and update your community profile to include the affected emails and I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. 

0 Likes