email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex POP Email Problems

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 52 of 52

Good morning,  This was all working fine up until about 0930, when POP email became slow to load, and I've been receiving the 'usual' error messages (Time Outs, and Temporary Authentication Failures) since.  I cannot log in at all at the moment.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues, which haven't affected me for some weeks now, prior to today?  Are there any known issues with Pipex POP email at the moment?  If so, can an estimate please be given for a solution?  Many thanks.

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51

Message 41 of 52

I've passed on your comments to the team and hopefully they'll have time to investigate today.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 52

As others have been reporting on the "old" thread I have also noticed some problems over the last three days or so. Slow downloads, left "hanging" etc. These have been apparent both on my desktop and my iPad. Not as severe as some have been reporting but then I haven't been trying to access e-mail as often as I usually do. Seems OK this morning so far.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 52

Yes, joined this thread from the (now rather old) "Problem with Pipex Server" thread as we've just had 2 days of patchy service, with an i-imac having the password authentcation issues recurring yesterday (ok this morning) , and webmail not connecting lunchtime yesterday (ok this morning), and slow pop connection on android K9, but again ok this morning.  So whereas everything seemed to get sorted a few weeks back, we seem to be back to unreliable connectiity problems?.  Best Christmas present from TT would be reliable POP server use for Pipex customers!  But nonetheless, a seasonal thank you to OCE_Ady for all his efforts on our behalf to get some semblance of reliable service. 

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 44 of 52

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  However, I'm afraid I don't entirely understand your reply.  Are you saying there IS a problem with POP email servers?  If so, the implication of your post is that this could be an individual issue (does 'individual' mean with my account in this instance?), as this does not seem to be borne out by posts from other users on other associated threads.  Does the 'ticket' refer to any action to investigate, diagnose and hopefully solve this issue?  Even with the less than timely estimated response, I think that a ticket should be raised now, so see what has been going on here, but it seems that Pipex users will have to spend the Festive Season with their fingers crossed in case of a similar episode to yesterday's.

I'm sorry to ask so many questions here, but I'm just trying to seek clarity.  Regards

0 Likes

Message 45 of 52

We've had no incidents for Pipex quite some time.  I'm not able to repair the mailbox and fault tickets for individual issues are taking 14 working days and then of course there's Christmas holidays too now. If you want me to raise the ticket I'll gladly do it for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 46 of 52

Hi OCE_Ady  Yes, no problems with Webmail, and it looks as though POP is now back up this morning.  However, the service yesterday afternoon/evening was reminiscent of the 'bad old days', and therefore my confidence in the reliability of the service is dented.  I think what would help (apart from the problem being solved, of course) is an explanation of what happened yesterday.  Thanks for continuing to follow this issue up on my and other users' behalfs.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 47 of 52

Just confirm for me, can you log in to webmail?

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 48 of 52

I am having problems again today of a similar nature as reported to you on this string of posts earlier this week.  I also note from the Pipex POP Email Problems string that others are experiencing similar problems, too, so there DOES appear to be an issue after all.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 52

You're welcome. Thanks for coming back to let me know it's ok. 

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 50 of 52

Hi OCE_Ady,  Thanks, as always, for getting back to me so quickly.  I have been away from my home for a couple of hours, and it now seems to be back to normal.  Please do not waste any time over this, unless either I or others come back to you if there is a recurrence.  Regards

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 51 of 52

Hi Muddymedic, I've not been alerted to any major issues and no one else seems to be complaining yet. Are you still having problems?

0 Likes